Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Apparently there is a way that you can activate via vagcom , the ability for automatic indicating, ideal on a motorway.

It works by just pushing the indicator stalk down but not engaging.

Does anyonr know the code etc,

Tim[^]

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yeah, I think this can be done too, the Seat Ibiza that I got when I went to Spain had it... shall do some research...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quote:

Originally posted by GrahamOliver

A4's have this too.
Any ideas what we could search for in the search engines.

Vagcom Turn light? or vagcom indicator 3 flash?

I dunno..................[:(]

·
Registered
295 Posts
wait, you only have the option of on/off with your indicators? Ours, you can just slightly press in the desired direction, for lane changes and such.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quote:

Originally posted by homegrown24

wait, you only have the option of on/off with your indicators? Ours, you can just slightly press in the desired direction, for lane changes and such.
At the moment wwe have just the option of on/off, we want to be able to slightly press in order to achieve lane changes on motorway etc

·
Registered
270 Posts
There is a downside to this function though, once it is activated if you accidently tap the stalk when you don't want to, you end up indicating for 3 flashes. There's no way to counteract it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I've tried in google the following:

"VAG-COM" indicator flash

"VAG-COM" indicator stalk

so far... there's something on tyre smoke about how wierd it is, but not how to switch it on [:(]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Ok Im a little confused. When you do this, itll stay on for 3 secs when you release pressure right? As at the moment in both my old car and this one, when on the motorway I just press it slightly and hold for the time I want to indicate rather than press 'on' and 'off'. Its soft touch so it doesnt need to go down to work, does that make sense?

It sounds like the same thing, do I have this activated or is there more too it?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think I know what you mean Mike, but there's a little more to it.

Imagine soft touching it and then letting go, it should blink for another 3 times without any further interaction from you.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The mk5 POLO (latest, anyway) has it.

I thought it was a useful feature.

Seriously doubt it can be enabled on the Golf - the hazard light switch contains all of the flasher controls and the chip inside is am industry standard blinker control chip (sadly, i researched this some time back!) which does not link in any way to the OBD/Can-bus system (AFAIK)

·
Registered
295 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Penfold

............. but there's a little more to it.

Imagine soft touching it and then letting go, it should blink for another 3 times without any further interaction from you.
Ah, MikeDav and I were on the same idea. Then, correction, my car does not have a 3 blink indicator, but rather what MikeDav was speaking of where you slightly press down for lane changes.

Who would want something like that anyway???? It just seems to me like it would drive me crazy flashing so much! Other drivers are lucky to get one flash out of me! (MHO)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I drive a VW Caddy (Golf MK5 chassis van) for work and it has the triple blink.
Once you get used to it, it rocks! ?Once u don't have it again (like in my MK4 GTI) it sucks and u want it back!

I saw someone on Ebay selling a kit to fit this to a MK4 (one of the german parts people for about ?30 I think) but stupidly deleted it fro my watch list and can't find it again now! :-(

Anyone know who was selling them, or where I can get similar?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks Neil!
I've had a look at their website and that looks just the job.
Just wondered if u'd fitted one, do you know what it entails? ?I've since seen an alternative that involves a lot of cut and solder behind the Warnign Light switch - but not keen on that method.
Cheers m8, Toby.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have fitted a kit that I got from ebay.de. Don't know if it's the same as that one, but mine was a genuine VW kit and no soldering was involved.I had to remove the connector from the back of the hazard light switch and remove some of the pins from the connectot and transfer them to a new connector block. There were also some pins to be put back into the original connector block. I think that the hardest part was finding somewhere to attach the "komfort blinker relay" so that it wouldn't rattle and route the wiring so that I could get the stereo and cd player back in.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I hate this system as it is fitted to the vauxhall rental cars I drive abroad.

A pain in the ass, whats wrong with just flipping them on then off again, or just depressing the lever a bit do it blinks but does not engage the lock.

I find the auto three blink pointless and annoying, in some circumstances you dont need all three blnks, yet on the vauxhauls it will not trun off once activated.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts