Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yes it has been done.

the yanks have been playing with there 90 bhp tdi as they do not have the 110 over there

and they are seeing between 190-230 from them.

you just need more fuel by bigger nozzles a 11mm fuel pump and the turbo from the pd 150 and a custom

remap from someone like Jason at www.chippeduk.com and you will be looking at 170 to 190 bhp put on a FMIC

from Allard tunning and you will be over the 200 mark

If you have a look at the forum for power enhancements in the http://www.tdiclub.com/ you will find them all talking

about increases.

joolstdi

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers joolstdi

I see from some of your earlier posts you've been at this junction with upgrades for 110 GT TDI

there are so many options !!!!!

I'm having a full custom blueflame exhaust done next week

Does the pd 150/hybred bolt straight on 110 or am i looking at a modifying my new downpipe again !

then I'm now looking at POWERPLUS 520 nozzles+ possibly 11mm pump from kerma

followed by Jabba remap at Bedrock Veedubs Motherwell

sorted my suspension last year ...time for some power mods must be 170+ [:D] after that[Y]

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Since when does adding a fmic give you 10-30bhp? A fmic will reduce power loss through heat but it won't actually give you more power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
evenin speedie just read your post and spotted your gonna be spendin some cash at bedrock. im in carluke and was down there the other week speakin to john maybe going down the re-map route with them. have you dealt with them before for anything ? john seems to know his stuff just wondered if you had any info ? ps im aware the had nothin to do with the original post. cheers

·
Registered
192 Posts
A standard VW intercooler is small and is like a token gesture from the car manufactures point of view to lower the intake temperature a little.

If you fit a custom made high flow core that flows more air through the tubes inside and so cools the intake temp lower and does not drop the intake pressure over it you will get more power.

If you then put more fuel in you get even more power.Think of the above like you do a free flow exhaust system and as you will prob know that gives you more power due to being less restrictive.

·
Registered
742 Posts
When my injectors are fitted I'm hoping for 230-240 bhp and a lot of torque managed 355ft lbs on standard injectors.

As for getting those figures i guess it will be possible but you would have to have a very powerful turbo as mine currently is at 2.4 bar and massive injectors! [:O][:D]

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Actually the 150PD fmic is quite an efficient design. The main reason for going custom is that the higher pressures generated with a custom turbo can blow off the end tanks. What you have described still doesn't give more power it's still just preventing power loss due to heat soak.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you have a remaped car that is smoking then there is excess fuel there anyway, surely if you then add a much more efficient intercooler the cooler denser air will combust some of that excess fuel and could see some good power gains???

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Not necessarily because to an extent it depends on the rate at which the fuel burns. The smoke is unburnt fuel because it's excessive but air intake isn't usually a limiting factor on tdi's.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So are we saying

Bigger fuel pump+ bigger nozzles+ colder less restrictive air intake

going through standard 110engine

+ larger turbo +less restrictive exhaust = much BHP[:D]

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi the GT VNT-17VB turbo bolts straight on the only mod you need to do is a pd100 lower inter-cooler

pipe,also i would go for the pp764 nozzles as my pp520 nozzles do not smoke at all. they seam smoother

and more responsive power and torq are up, I'll comfirm this with a rolling road with westec end of November.

joolstdi

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The injectors from the Transporter Van are the better option over the nozzles.

How do the internals stand up to 200+ bhp in a 110? Thats 100% gain and surely close to the limits of the component parts?

·
Registered
308 Posts
The injectors from the Transporter Van are the better option over the nozzles!!!!!!

NO They put in too much fuel and will make the car SMOKE like a train

To much fuel is bad[6].

The frantelli bosio put fuel in such a way that they atom's the fuel!!

Thus giving more bhp/torq.

joolstdi

·
Registered
990 Posts
managed 355ft lbs on standard injectors.
[^o)]

These are my results on the standard injectors just waiting for the uprated injectors so that graph keeps increasing

instead of leveling out hopeful of 230 bhp and a nice big smooth torque curve!
Absolute nonsense mate. For a start the clutch and gearbox in your car would disintegrate if it was having to cope with that level of torque.

Edit: I heard custom code was the dogs danglies of custom mapping, christ my remapped car on std turbo manages to produce more bhp than that. They obviously know what they're doing[:cool:]

1 - 20 of 41 Posts