Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

after a run of back luck I got a phone call from a job that i had an interview with a couple of months ago. I have another interview tomorrow and and i need to come across as confident as possible any ideas in this short space of time?

Dean

·
Registered
881 Posts
Just try and relax and be yourself!

Try not be too over confident because some people may take it as arrogance and that defo won't look good.

And just remember you have got a second interview because you impressed them the first time round!

·
Registered
186 Posts
When ever i am in a situation like this i think to myself, They don't know me so as soon as i walk in there i can be that confident person i want to be and they will not know any diffreance.

Because the way i saw it was i am not confident because i am scared of what they are going to say about me, but they can't because they don't know me. Also in a nervous situation, deep breaths help control you, oxygen to the brain helps you to stay reflaxed and focused.

Try and think of the questions they are going to ask you as well so you are prepared

And my last - imagine yourself walking in there confidently, and impressing them and getting the job, it gets it into your mind that you can do it then.

Good Mate, let us know how you get on.

P.S. Second interview is very good

·
Registered
176 Posts
Look him in the eye when u answer questions, try not to say ah umm too much, dont look too under pressure, give him/her a firm handshake when u walk in .. first impressions count so dont come across as a shaky person .

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i had the interview and i think it went pretty well. The interviewer was very good made things easier for me and i felt more comfortable this time. She said it was between me and one other and that i would find out tonight so everyone cross your fingers[Y]

thanks for your advice

Dean

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
well i had the interview and i think it went pretty well. The interviewer was very good made things easier for me and i felt more comfortable this time. She said it was between me and one other and that i would find out tonight so everyone cross your fingers[Y]

thanks for your advice

Dean
hope you get it mate. [:)]

·
Registered
414 Posts
1)?Maintain?eye?contact?when?talking?to?them

2) No closed body language.. ie. dont fold your arms. just keep a good posture and remain calm, not fidgety.

3) Avoid Umms and Errs but keep your speech relaxed. Talking too fast is a clear cut sign of nerves.

Good luck. And be yourself, they clearly liked who they saw last time.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i got the job!!!! finally got the break i've been looking for.

is it natural to be scared?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well done gezza. I hope we all helped you in some one or another.

I have just been told today that i will be moveing, into a diffrent role, which is very scary to i only imagin how you feel.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
conratulations... (it was you complaining of being in a rut a few months ago wasn't it? mcdonalds or something? )

just relax its always scary going to a new job no matter what

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks everyone been a lot of help and yeah that was me in the rut hopefully this is the start of the turn round

1 - 20 of 20 Posts