Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the official thread for next years Le Mans. Got to start the plans now to get everything organised and booked up in time.

So who plans on going, staying where and when in what car etc. etc. lol

Its early days but its know that Houx Annex is almost deffinately gonna be shrunk in size next year and people booking there might be relocated on arrival if its full.

GT 130

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i wanted to do a VW convoy this year but it was chaos on the roads (reminded me of the Gumball Rally 3000) its like a extended family of car enthusiasts on the roads, everyone is freindly and lets you look in their TVR or Noble etc. Our 2 car convoy (my DUB and works cooper s) got from Suffolk to Dover in under two hours at 3am.....

Must be a record and NO i wont do it again tut tut..... we had an open road and were a little worried about missing the ferry (no idea why as we had 4 hours to get there!!) hardly any cars on the road and we past a convoy of 12 scooby's and evolutions...... lets just say we had fun in kent as we increased the convoy to 14 cars till dover lol

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I will be there again this year - plan to be in the Annex although I will leave the organising up to someone else.  We have vague thoughts of poping down to 'the Ring' either before or afterwards.  All we need now is a mate with a van.  

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I honestly thought there would have been more interest in this so far considering now is a good time to book it all up.

GT 130

·
Registered
843 Posts
I shall be there for I think my 4th year running

Heres some videos!!

Theres 6 parts all in all, see what your missing out on

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My original plans went to pot and I had to cancel the tickets and stuff before xmas......

It now looks like were going again, but would be camping at Basedeujour (however spelt). Anyone camped here before?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
My original plans went to pot and I had to cancel the tickets and stuff before xmas......

It now looks like were going again, but would be camping at Basedeujour (however spelt). Anyone camped here before?
I camped in Beausejour in 2004 when our group left it too late to get in our usual slum Expo (v close to the main gates). Beausejour is fine as a campsite and is huge, a series of fields compartmentalise it. There's a temporary bar near the entrance and a few basic shower blocks. However its so far from the action that you need to plan each sortie to see racing - unless you have a bike or a Go Ped.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It now looks like were going again
Cancel that, my co-pilot cant get the sodding time off work now..... im getting fed up off all this for 2007 Le Mans.

NOT GOING now....[N]

Oh well theres always 2008! [Y]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts