Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics of my 20vt and my wifes 110 gt tdi (wearing rs6's) both dirty as you like and both ready for mods, including paintwork and more power[:)]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
They're both the same colour? Interesting to see how the slightly different positions / lighting affects how they look. Or maybe your wife's is more dirty as well?

Both looking well anyway, I'd so be doing matching mods if I was in that situation [:D]

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are identical colour wise, i think the tdi is a little dirtier though!!

we both have very different ideas on the modding front, she wants anni body parts and i have no choice but to go with the R32 bumper to house my neuspeed fmic. id like to keep them simalar if we can though[H]

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats mental, both 5doors too, are they the same model?

the neuspeed cost me ?270, its a bit of a pita because it wont sit behind the standard valance, or the anni valance for that matter[:(]

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i meant to say paintwork and mods, body wise its a state, stone chips all over the front and wings, even the roof, there are dents all over the place and its just looking scruffy. so after i finish the engine work and suspension im going to have the whole lot resprayed, genuine r32 kit side trim removed, front and rear badges colour coded and the bootlid handle removed and smoothed[:D] As for wheels i'll be after some bbs lm's for sure[H]

·
Registered
232 Posts
thats mental, both 5doors too, are they the same model?

the neuspeed cost me ?270, its a bit of a pita because it wont sit behind the standard valance, or the anni valance for that matter[:(]
Yep both GT-Tdi's, the 110 tdi was mine for 3 and a half years then i got the pd150 a year ago and my girlfriend decided she would get rid of her old clio and have my golf!

It still makes me smile when i look out of the window and see them both sat there. I bet you feel the same!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
i got a few stone chips too! even the roof just where the glass meets!few on the bonnet too! with a few light scratches!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is there alot of difference between the two power wise? i know what you mean, at 1st it felt a little weird seeing double but i love it now its cool to see them parked on the drive and to see the expressions on peoples faces when they see them together[H]

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that sounds the same to mine, also i have marks from where the mud flaps where before they were removed, they had been rubbing and have now rubbed down to bare betal[:(]

·
Registered
232 Posts
is there alot of difference between the two power wise? i know what you mean, at 1st it felt a little weird seeing double but i love it now its cool to see them parked on the drive and to see the expressions on peoples faces when they see them together[H]
There would be quite a difference in power but hers has got a tuning box on it so theres no really much in it. The main difference is the way they deliver the power because my pd is really laggy low down but but hers isnt but mine is better at the top end more like a petrol.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does having an extra gear make much difference? which tuning box has the 110 got? i think my wife wants to sell hers to buy another identical one but with aircon [:^)]

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I saw your wifes car in Morrisons car park the other day, in Penzance. I assume it was because of your Cornish flag avatar.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Does having an extra gear make much difference? which tuning box has the 110 got? i think my wife wants to sell hers to buy another identical one but with aircon [:^)]
Yeh the extra gear makes a big difference more so on the motorway. The 110 has got a dragon tuning box on it which is one of the anologue ones and is adjustable.It does give the car much more pull throughout the rev range, it does kick out a bit more smoke though but it has done 156k!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yep that would be it, we live over on Hayle Towans, weve got a set of kernow plates coming for both soon too[:D]

156K isnt anything on the scale of things i spose! how much was the box? might get something like that for the missus's tdi, she's complaining its too slow already[:cool:]

·
Registered
232 Posts
The box cost me ?150, there's a guy on here that sells tuning boxes for a good price i think he's called garfie have a look in gb section i'm sure he's done 1 recently.

Your cars look cool together, will look even better with the mods you have planned for them.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts