Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Final Voting taking place

Hi Guys,

We are pleased to annouce the return of the uk-mkivs CoTY competition..

Voting will be in the following stages:

1 ) Open nominations until 31st October 2011 midnight.

2 ) From these nominations, we will open a poll of the Top 10 with the closing date being 30 November midnight.

3 ) The winner will be officially announced on 1st December.

Please note that you cannot vote for your own car.

A big thank you to those forum sponsors who are already "on board" and have very generously donated prizes.

So far, the winner will receive:

DPM Performance - 10% off your order

Forge Motorsport - £150 of Forge products

Opie Oils - £50 voucher to spend with Opie Oils

SFS Performance Silicone Hoses - Hose kit up to the value of £200

R-Tech Power - Superpro bushes kit up to the value of £100

In addition to the above, R-Tech have donated a Pipercross air filter ( RRP £34 ) for second and third places too

Please post the members username that you are voting for - its much easier than pics of their cars

Good luck to all [Y]

·
King Dogger
13,907 Posts
How about catergories for say, best tdi, best petrol, best mk4, mk5 etc. i mean i know my car isn't going to be anywhere near some of the cars that will get recognition on this award but i think it's a little unfair that it seems those who spend the most on their car will be the ones to get the free stuff. some of us can't afford air ride and bbs wheels or fancy hose kits so sub catergories may open it out a little bit. after all if you have spend £6000 on modding your car i think a set of hoses would be pocket change. i understand it would be asking more from the sponsers but i think the publicity would be good for all, also understand not everyone who will get up there on the competition has spend £thousands.

anyway best of luck to everyone - my vote's already set. [:)]

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Do we have to nominate cars or are the forum mods going to draw up a short list and everyone votes?

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it's not about who's spent the most, or has the most pages - it's about which car members think is their favourite. Perhaps because of stance, or wheels, or power, or innovation, or the whole package

There won't be sub-categories, no

It will be completely open voting until end October. Then, the cars with the 10 highest votes will be put into a poll for voting to start again until End November

Whilst there is obviously the biggest prize to go to the winner, it's our intention to give a prize to 2nd and 3rd place as well [Y]

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Is it currently owned cars or could cars that have been sold in the same year still be nominated?

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How about catergories for say, best tdi, best petrol, best mk4, mk5 etc. i mean i know my car isn't going to be anywhere near some of the cars that will get recognition on this award but i think it's a little unfair that it seems those who spend the most on their car will be the ones to get the free stuff. some of us can't afford air ride and bbs wheels or fancy hose kits so sub catergories may open it out a little bit. after all if you have spend £6000 on modding your car i think a set of hoses would be pocket change. i understand it would be asking more from the sponsers but i think the publicity would be good for all, also understand not everyone who will get up there on the competition has spend £thousands.

anyway best of luck to everyone - my vote's already set.
Each to their own but the forum sponsors have donated prizes out of their own pocket. They aren't compelled to do so. If you really believe that ?200 of hoses is "pocket change" then you're missing the point

FYI, the last time this competition was run, the prize was ?50 cash - now it's in excess of ?400

I don't get some people's attitudes - I've reintroduced the competition as I thought the forum would benefit, members would welcome it but some are never happy..

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Could've been sold this year, Tom but the member must have owned it in 2011. Eg, if people wanted to vote for Adam's ( Patch ) car, then thats great, even though he's sold it this week.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts