Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Taken from this thread on tyresmoke

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/1,2,12,15,22,25,26,27,8/Number/791370/page/0/fpart/2/vc/1

All trims
. ? Automatic employment of warning lights under emergency braking
. ? 3 large head rests in the rear
. ? Whiplash optimised headrests
. ? Change to front courtesy light ? discontinuation of the middle lamp and housing is no longer lacquered
. ? Radio and navigation systems ? change to chrome surrounds on knobs, see picture below:
. ? Change of icon on the lock/unlock button, see picture below:
. ? Location of the airbag warning label will be on the B pillar rather than next to the windscreen
. ? Centre console foot space covering for front passengers in black only (beige and grey discontinued)

Green tinted glass instead of blue on the GTI

Posted Image

·
Registered
70 Posts
Missed a 2007 build by 2 weeks (was a build week 20 as far as I know). Don't think I mind any of those too much, the silver bits are nice though. I'll still enjoy mine when I pick it up Saturday =D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Missed a 2007 build by 2 weeks (was a build week 20 as far as I know). Don't think I mind any of those too much, the silver bits are nice though. I'll still enjoy mine when I pick it up Saturday =D
Are you sure or is there a reason you've had to wait so long mate ?
Not trying to be funny or anything, but mine was a week 20 build and I collected mine almost 2 weeks ago. Maybe I was just lucky or perhaps yours was a later build ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hmm, only got on what dealer told me so who knows! Either way this week is a whole month sooner than he originally told me when I ordered. Any way to check the build week from the VIN at all as I got that in the post with the reg confirmation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe my dealer had wrong, he did call me on the Monday of week 20 and said mine was showing ready to ship, so maybe mine was one of the first of the line that week or was actually done during week 19.
One thing I do know, it's worth the wait mate, and you're going to be a happy chap come Saturday [:D]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All,

First time poster - long time lurker.

My GTI is on order and due Sept 1st. Any confirmations yet on the
2007 spec listed above in this thread? or better yet, any pictures?

Cheers - Rob

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
? Automatic employment of warning lights under emergency braking
I've always though this should be standard on loads of cars, it would prevent a hell of a lot of accidents on motorways. Us Brits are far too wary of using them when slowing down in traffic. On the continent they don't hesitate. I use them a lot too, e.g. when slowing a lot on a motorway as people behind assume you're just slowing a bit.

If you catch my drift!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hi All,

First time poster - long time lurker.

My GTI is on order and due Sept 1st. Any confirmations yet on the 2007 spec listed above in this thread? or better yet, any pictures?

Cheers - Rob
Hi Drifty,

Info on 2007 model year changes are as per earlier thread.

Presume 2007 models will be appearing in dealers in next few weeks ( if as per last year ).

Only about 10 weeks to go then, what spec have you gone for ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All

Was at the dealer today trying to figure out exactly how the MY07 spec would affect my car (which is finally being built!)

Anyone have any idea when they switched from the rear glass aerial to a bee sting one like the MkIV's?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Drifty,

Info on 2007 model year changes are as per earlier thread.

Presume 2007 models will be appearing in dealers in next few weeks ( if as per last year ).

Only about 10 weeks to go then, what spec have you gone for ?
After weeks of deliberating and tinkering with the spec - I said f**k it and went all in (well almost)

GTI 3-Door DSG (was a sceptic at first about the DSG, but manged to get a demo for the weekend and I fell in love with it)

Tornado Red

18" Monzas

Multi-function steering wheel

Anthracite Leather

xenon leadlights

winter Pack

RCD500

Lux pack

Sunroof

Parking sensors

Cruise control

Arm Rest

....Kitchen sink ;-)

maybe would have been easier to say what I didn't put on it [:$]

I looked at the Sat Nav - and although it looked v.nice, I found it to
be so slow to operate and with no postcode search I seemed to be there
all day - and I've got Tom Tom for those trips when I really need
it.

Didn't like the telephone prep either - so I'll look to get a third party one installed (maybe Parrott) one I get it.

I'm looking for a bee sting replacement at the moment - nothing flash,
just a short black, 2" or 3" replacement - I can see this is being
discussed on a couple of other threads.

I've wanted a GTI for years and something always happened and I never got one - but now....it's coming! Can't wait! [:D][<:eek:)]

·
Registered
894 Posts
Great spec.....

Regarding the bee sting replacement I was recently admiring a guys new car which he had just taken delivery of & commented on the fact he had already put a short stub aerial on.

He hadn't but purely cut off, with a hacksaw, the ' twisted wire' section leaving the 3" stub section, smoothed the end off & touched in the end with a touch of black paint.

You would have never known and he reckoned the reception was fine.

By the way, if its not too late in the build schedule to change your spec again [:)] you may or may not be aware that the dealers now fit the exact OEM cruise control for ?150 ( saving ?120 over the factory fit price - crazy ! )

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not sure if this is a 2007 model year only change but the latest Golf pricelist on www.vw.co.uk shows that Surrounding Area Lighting in the Luxury packs appears to have been replaced by "reverse activated kerb-view adjustment on passenger's door mirror".

It's a shame that you can no longer get Surrounding Area Lighting as I find this is a nice feature but I have to admit, the reverse activated kerb-view adjustment is a welcome addition. When my Mk V was in for its first service I asked if they could enable this feature. I was told it was not possible. I wonder if it would now be possible or whether you require a software update.

Stuart
http://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/vwgolfmk5

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not sure if this is a 2007 model year only change but the latest Golf pricelist on www.vw.co.uk shows that Surrounding Area Lighting in the Luxury packs appears to have been replaced by "reverse activated kerb-view adjustment on passenger's door mirror".

It's a shame that you can no longer get Surrounding Area Lighting as I find this is a nice feature but I have to admit, the reverse activated kerb-view adjustment is a welcome addition. When my Mk V was in for its first service I asked if they could enable this feature. I was told it was not possible. I wonder if it would now be possible or whether you require a software update.

Stuart
http://www.radox.freeserve.co.uk/vwgolfmk5.htm
I'm still told that the electric folding mirror issue, still needs a SW fix, if they have new software for that then I woul dexpect to get sucha feature in the same release,

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Oh yes it is still there - the kerb viewing mirror thing is in addition to 'surrounding area lighting'.

Quote: "Luxury pack 1 - Electrically foldable door mirrors and surrounding area lighting including reverse activated kerb view adjustment on passenger door mirror

1 - 20 of 25 Posts