Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the "look" of 2006 gonna be, i'm interested to hear what your plans are regarding the looks of your car.

Whats the big thing gonna be you reckon?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Just to find the perfect example of a v6 4motion bora would be a good start,but once i find one a whole host of subtle mods will follow.

Lowered, 18"s, supercharger,milltek,tints etc[:)]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Definately Halogen headlamps as xenons are sooo 2005, so to avoid any modding embarrasment sell me yours lol! [:p]

On a more serious note i reckon the VW scene will carry on with the OEM+ look and styling along the lines of the cleaned.be and euro smooth stuff...

For me, 312's, Arb's and a remap of some sort, more of a 'go' rather than 'show' theme i suppose [:D]

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definately Halogen headlamps as xenons are sooo 2005, so to avoid any modding embarrasment sell me yours lol! [:p]

On a more serious note i reckon the VW scene will carry on with the OEM+ look and styling along the lines of the cleaned.be and euro smooth stuff...

For me, 312's, Arb's and a remap of some sort, more of a 'go' rather than 'show' theme i suppose [:D]
They won't fit, you have a BORA! not a GOLF!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I hate to say it, but as the price comes down due to the MK5, I think we will be seeing more neon, spinners and lairy stickers due to car dropping into the 'Max power brigades' price range. [:'(]

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I hate to say it, but as the price comes down due to the MK5, I think we will be seeing more neon, spinners and lairy stickers due to car dropping into the 'Max power brigades' price range. [:'(]
I think you're absolutely right - so as a result I can see there being a purist approach, with simple OEM look cars with subtle mods and big BHP to seperate the enthusiast from the chav.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Agreed!!

For me though hopefully some more performance, an lsd or some decent brakes.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I'm not sure what the theme will be this year, but I'm sure the cars on displays at shows will be as good as ever and I can't wait to see them. I'm especially looking forward to see Tabs car when he finishes it.

The plans for me this year are Revo (this month), Stewart Warner boost gauge and pod, r/b/b/r tail lights, forge silicon turbo hoses and TIP in blue, milltek sports cat. Those are the definities and I'll see how it goes with regards to new wheels and FMIC. Oh i want some spacers as well lol. This is going to be an expesnive year, again.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I think fatter tyres on smaller wheels, as opposed to stretched rubber band tyres on 19's and 20's.

Well that's how I have gone, big fat tyres on BBS 17s for me. Looks chunky!

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
I'm not sure what the theme will be this year, but I'm sure the cars on displays at shows will be as good as ever and I can't wait to see them. I'm especially looking forward to see Tabs car when he finishes it.
So am I lol! Finally got all the bits together, just need to find a decent body shop and source some rims.

Theme for the car is Euro/US crossover.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Personally, i think the whole euro/US scene has a good blend of what works, and if it aint broke don't fix it! [Y]

I also agree with Beddie in that there will be a lot of people still continuing to go the OEM+ route..

My car shall be seeing some nice changes aswell, but in the bigger scheme of things, i personally think that people this year are gonna try leaning more towards engine transplants, rather than bodywork tinkering. Seems to be a way forward recently!

Plus, it's much more challenging and satisfying i think shoehorning an R32 lump into a MK2 instead of just fitting some new rims!!

What does everyone else see for the 2006 show season? [^o)]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
I think 2006 will see alot more MK5 content coming through, alot of suppliers are gearing up their priduct lines.

As for style, or direction, I personally think the smooth look is going to continue but more people will look to older styles for inspiration.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
superchargers......superchargers.....and more superchargers........

seems VERY popular at the moment.

i agree that the purist will go for the OEM+ as opposed to the chav styling

·
Registered
170 Posts
Its the Euro look for me.

Will be dropping a set of 17" x 8.5" Schmidt TH Lines on my MK5 GTI (currently on order from Germany), complimented by some smooth bodywork. You just know that when the chavs get a hold of MK4s or MK5 they will fit big wheels and even bigger exhausts - I will be staying well clear of ths look.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
smooth and euro look is here to stay forever me thinks. certainly more of less is more is gonna be strong. i think a lot of american style dubs are gonna go crazy over here soon too. Carbon hoods, satin black grills + door mirrors, USA style reg plates and surrounds, roof racks with surf boards, etc etc. I would love a image of Chuck Norris air-brushed into my bonnet. Beat that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts