Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

i have been offerd a bora 130 derv with aprox 124k on the clock now i know its basicly a golf with a boot what should i be looking out for when viewing this car suposed to have a good history on it but you never know

i'v got a v6 4mo as well so sort of know my way round a mk4 but never had any dealings with the derv unit is it a good engine????

reliable ?????

is that sort of milage ok ????

what wears out on these ????

any info would be very helpfull and what sort of cash do these go for ?????

thanks for looking

·
TEAM 88 MOTORSPORT
8,901 Posts
They do go on for a good mileage, mine is similar I'm on 123k. The cams are prone to wear. The DMF dual mass flywheel can break down and become rattley.Just make sure it has good service history as it relies on the oil changing (with correct grade)to stop premature wear. The turbo's can pack up so listen for it whining like a cat been strangled[:cool:]As for price check autrader to see what they are fetching / advertised at [Y]

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheer autotrader and pistonheads was the next stop [Y] don'y you just love dmf's had to renew the one on me 4mo (ouch)

·
Registered
894 Posts
check that cambelt was done (I think standard would have been planned for 120 000)

on my previous work Bora and my Bora I had the slave cylinder go between 110k and 125k but that might be down to my driving ... [^o)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts