Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am having real issues after replacing both rear brake flexi pipes. The drivers side replaced fine and is working perfectly, the passengers side however is a different story, i fitted the new pipe and now cannot get any fluid to the passenger side rear calliper.

I have tried bleeding the master cylinders 2 nipples

I have tried running the ABS bleed procedure in VCDS Lite (repeat 10 times etc)

I have tried manually bleeding all four corners, three work fine one does nothing

No matter what i try i can't get any fluid out of the passenger side rear, Even if i crack off the output of the ABS block!

Any ideas gratefully received!

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! no there are no clamps left on and I have already tried using a mitivac vacuum bleeder (the one that plugs into a compressor) and still no fluid at the passenger rear, Even if I crack the pipe off at the abs unit I don't get any fluid and the pedal remains hard? It all seems to point to the ABS unit but after bleeding that repeatedly it makes no difference?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Adam, Just to confirm do you mean to go into Option 3 ABS, 001 blah blah blah press and hold pedal as per the fronts then open the rear bleed nipple and pump? Or is there another option within VCDS?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well spent tonight trying to get the passenger side rear brake working again

Using an easy bleed i can get fluid out of all calipers except the passenger side rear

Using output tests i can get nothing out of the passenger side rear can get the pump to run but no sign of any fluid

However using the abs bleed procedure in basic setting (usually used for the front ABS bleed) i can get fluid to the passenger side rear however when pressing the pedal to test the brakes the passenger side brake does nothing but all others work fine.

To me its all still pointing to ABS unit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fitted abs pump , pressure bled & VDS bled till i am blue in the face, must have put about 4 ltrs of fluid through system. Pedal is solid when engine not running but creeps when engine started . Fluid flows freely through all bleed nipples, Never known a car this difficult to bleed.Think i have read all the threads i can find and followed procedures correctly, even down to bleeding master cylinder twice, first and last. Help please before it ends up on the scrap heap

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I am having real issues after replacing both rear brake flexi pipes. The drivers side replaced fine and is working perfectly, the passengers side however is a different story, i fitted the new pipe and now cannot get any fluid to the passenger side rear calliper.

I have tried bleeding the master cylinders 2 nipples

I have tried running the ABS bleed procedure in VCDS Lite (repeat 10 times etc)

I have tried manually bleeding all four corners, three work fine one does nothing

No matter what i try i can't get any fluid out of the passenger side rear, Even if i crack off the output of the ABS block!

Any ideas gratefully received!

Cheers

Ian

Ian
Did you ever solve this issue since i have exaclty the same issue !!! its starting to beat me .Please help .No fluid from rear brake hose before calipier !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts