Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI , I HAVE LOOKED AT LOADS OF WHEELS , DAFT QUESTION BUT CAN 20" RIMS BE FITTED TO MY "R" ???

IF SO WHAT TYPE ? AND WHERE DO I GET EM ?

THANKS

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
They can fit, but the will rub over ever uneven surface and the ride quality will be awful. Stick with 19" max.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
They would look daft. Also please don't type your entire posts in capitals it just makes it seem like your angry. We can read ordinary type perfectly well, cheers.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
MAybe he IS angry? What with looking at all those wheels?

Agree 19 inch is about as far as you should go, if you want to actually drive the car on normal roads. even then it can make them real harsh. If you are going to lower it it may be ebtter on 18's?

From your mod list......have you really got eyebrow ( BROWS) spoilers on and R32....?? :-(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SORRY for shouting , i just wondered thats all , see so many with 19". and yes black met pearl with black tints ,kamei grill de badged ,black headlight brows ,full blue light kit. looks the bollox (imo)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
20" rims on a golf to me is total chav. imagine the ride?!! how uncomfy would that be! get a toureg mate if you want big wheels.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My mate used to have 20's on his golf, i cant find a pic of it anywhere, any of you got it - its the red golf that was all smoothed.

The ride quality wasn't that bad but he did lose a lot of power due to the size and the weight of 20's also it rubbed in full lock - not good.

Still i thought it looked pretty cool (in a max power styleee kinda way)

cat

·
Registered
464 Posts
If you are getting a set of 20" rims, then I can sort you out with free tyres for life:

Posted Image

In all seriousness I would imagine the ride to be pretty harsh.

·
Registered
464 Posts
As long as the rolling radius remains the same then the speedo will be just fine.

I have 15 inch rims and fatter tyres, others have 18 inch rims and thinner tyres = same radius, so same distance travelled for one revolution.

To keep the rolling radius the same with 20" wheels youll need some pretty low profile tyres, hence the above post.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Barry Eldridge of Elite owns this golf, he had 20" on it for a couple weeks and he said the ride was awful, and that you could drive the car anywhere. Both the golf and the beetle look over-wheeled[!]

Stick to 18's or 19's.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Quote: posted by Gti Fly on 18/01/2005 23:42:49

19inch is about as big as you can go.

even with 18's you need skirts and body kit to pull it off.

Don't ever stick on 18s or more without a bodykit.. you car will end up looking like those pics Cage has just posted.

Chooo choooooooooo

Does one spoiler count as a bodykit? Because that's all I've got, with 18s on and all I've ever had are positive comments, no mention of needing a kit...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yea 19"s max on a golf any thing after will look DAFT.Holla at me if u wanna sell ur original rims

cheers

BTW lol @ felix

1 - 20 of 22 Posts