Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just wonder if anyone ever tried 20inch rims on a mk4 , i got a set of 18 but still looks small to was thinking of going to 20"

if someone tried it before let me know

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I think with 20" you'd need to have the arches rolled, is your car
lowered?? if not that's why they look a tad small, also could depend on
the design of the alloy, for example when you get 19" RS6's they look
like 20" alloys due to the design of them.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yes it has been done, but everyone agrees that 19's are the max you should put on a MK4.. 20's are just TOO OTT and will make the car look like a Tonka truck!! [:$]

Have a look at these and see what you think!..

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
It could be pulled off with some mega wide arches, and a total smooth
look imo, but it would need to be slammed, also its no way ideal for
everyday use maybe for show use with air suspension.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Bet it'll handle like a dream on 20's! Like everyone says 18's are the best all round compromise for UK roads.
Ditto

Imo 20"s works best with Bentleys/S-class/SUVs etc because of the bigger bodies so the overall proportion of the vehicle will dwarf the wheel size a bit. Mk4 with 20"s would look like a moving photoshop image.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went to R-tek a while ago , on an implulse buy I bought some 20's! they went on without any rubbing except in full lock!

the only reason they did go on is because they were really skinny, not sure how much exactly as the rims are in my shed now due to dam pot holes!

will try and link up some photos!

·
Registered
3 Posts
heres the Rolf on 20's!

20inch rolf!

Soz about the quality its a bit poo, been taken with an old camera phone!

the rims are in my shed if any one is intrested is taking them off me!

pm me!

on another note, i got my car mapped by Total Vag yesterday with custom code, lovvving it! va va Vooom, shame about my poor clutch!

:(

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
i remeber a while back when i was looking for some new Shoes for Roxi that i found 20'' Wheel Mania Mystiques, on a r32. they looked huge but i was kind of digging it. was defiently not for every day use, it just looked to show car ish.

and the tyres? bet thier cheap and will last ages[whistle]

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Damn this is an old thread....opened it and was surprised to see Sonny back! Whilst 20s in certain rims may look great, they would probably break your back and buckle in potholes with the lack of rubber

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
just found the pic, looks identical the car in v dub 77's post

Posted Image

looks so cool! but is NOT practical. arch modifications are defiently not needed as i gave wheelmania a bell at the time. prob rub on full lock tho.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts