Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Ive got 2 golfs at the moment, and want to swap the xenons from one to the other before I sell it.

Ive done a bit of reading and seems quite fiddly, I'm OK with electrics, but if I have both cars side by side, should it be an easy enough swapover?

Cheers

:D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, they are aftermarket fitments. Just been and had a look, looks like I will have to remove the whole light. Just hope the power connections are similar.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol.. I want plug and play, no faffing with connectors :)
Does the bumper have to come off as well?
Not sure if it's worth the faff lol

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Are they just standard headlights with HIDS fitted in them? Or are they different headlights all together? If they are completely different its bumper off to take them out, if its just hids then you should just be able to remove them from the back of the light housing.

Dan

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Are they just standard headlights with HIDS fitted in them? Or are they different headlights all together? If they are completely different its bumper off to take them out, if its just hids then you should just be able to remove them from the back of the light housing.

Dan
changing a bulb on stock headlights without removing them took me about an hour! those clips were killing me..i think its better to remove the bumper!

(hate those clips[8o|])

1 - 10 of 10 Posts