Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all recently bought a boost gauge TIMS 1 bar and a plasma 2 bar one, firstly i got a t piece bit and a brass screw, which one should i use, also could i run 2 guages off the one vac line by using another T on the same line, thanks D

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not lol, i love gauges, also the tims 1 is only a 1 bar which is all good untill a remap.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are these easy to install as a diy job though. So 2 boost guages is'nt possible. i want to have the plasma one infront of the dash clocks and the tims 128 above the head unit

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
You could have two boost gauges, just use another t-piece where youd like the line split but its not necassary to have 2? Especially if one ony goes to 1 bar.

Oil pressure switches require a sandwich plate to be fitted between the oil filter and block. A hose then runs from this plate to the gauge.

Peter

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would there be a best place to split it also would it not share the pressure between the 2 and give a false reading. And which valve should i use, the 2 piece or the brrass screw one, thanks D

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
T-Pieces are piss easy to use so use that. Not sure wether the gauges would 'share' the pressure to be honest. You could tap one line into the FPR hose and one into the DV hose. This would give accurate readings for both gauges id imagine.

Peter

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So judging by the comments i am the only person to install 2 boost gauges [paperbag]. The tims one will be installed above the head unit for all to see & the plasma one which i have no idea how accurate they are will be installed infront of the clocks, for the simple reason it matches the colour of the other once lit & looks pretty smart imo

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Pressue, is pressure, is pressure.

Tee into the line that feeds the FPR, run it inside, then tee it again to run the two guages.

Still don't get why you'd want to, but thats how i'd do it

Ste

1 - 16 of 16 Posts