Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago Foxy posted some pictures of the VW racing golf mk5 GTI and very nice it was too.

I was looking through their archive:

http://www.imagevaults.co.uk/volkswagen/

and this caught my eye:

Posted Image

Is this a 2.0 TDI with a GTI front skin and grill? - if so, looks good!

Notes:

*has not GTI badge

*diesel sponsor all over it

-hmm, ideas of what to come?

Not sure if you know anything about it foxy?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Can't add alot other than

1) I need that bumper!

2) Looks like the GTi - but what about the rub strips?

3) I need those wheels and ride height

damn you Oxford!!! i thought i was sorted for mods!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, sorry chap! - I think if you could get that bumper on yours it would look mental and you would have a GTD! (before even relseased!!)

If it were a GTI, it would have those black plastic side skirts?

Do you think it looks slightly ill fitting because of the gap under the headlights? not sure what that is?

Anyway, looks like it does fit ok, so it must be possible and I think it looks very aggressive.

You have all the contacts at VW racing already mate, so I am sure you will find out. Let us know if you do plan anything!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, i'm new here and ordered also a golf 5 gti.

Are you looking for a golf 5 tdi with gti front?

Well, here is one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also check www.cleaned.be

Clean cars all the way.[:p][:p]

Grtz,

Peter

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting pics, not sure on the metal mesh and not sure if the blue goes with the black, but it is a good effort.

Looks like a genuine skin tho?

Badly needs lowering and some CHs on it too! [:)]

·
Registered
740 Posts
Quote: posted by gti200 on 12/04/2005 16:26:15

Hi, i'm new here and ordered also a golf 5 gti.

Are you looking for a golf 5 tdi with gti front?

Well, here is one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also check www.cleaned.be

Clean cars all the way.[:p][:p]

Grtz,

Peter

Woah! Nice [:D]

Gotta love that colour [^] I'm planning on fitting the GTI front bumper/skin to mine, except I'll spray the black/red bit that the GTI's have in the middle the same as the rest (blue graphite.)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Must admit I quite like it! Wonder how it would look with the fogs in there, I think the mesh looks better than the honeycomb stuff thats on the original

·
Registered
740 Posts
On closer inspection.... it doesn't have bumper strips [:O]

gti200; did the bumper come like this, in which case I'm thinking its not an OEM one? I know Caractere have a GTI front bumper in the works which has smoothed bumper strips, but I don't think that's out yet. Or did you smooth the strips out youself?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Quote: posted by gti200 on 12/04/2005 22:06:34

Yep, he smoothed the strips al by himself. It's not so difficult.

Grtz,

Peter

I'm planning on doing the same [:)] Well, sorta the same. I've got the winterpack with headlight washer jets, so I want to mod them so that they sit out a bit more, and have a lip like with the R32 washer jets. The rest of the bumper strip will be smoothed with the bumper skin.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The gap worries me. I was planning on buying the GTI front end for my TDI but having second thoughts now if theres a chance it'll fit like theirs

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
@GTi200 - welcome to the forum!!

I'll get the gen on the first picture from VW Racing next week when the MD is back - he's my contact!

Cannot see why the GTi lights would be different from the other models.....

·
Registered
740 Posts
Maybe I'm being blind, but whats this gap / light issue your all talking about, I don't see it [:p] Could someone point it out.

Here's some info I've gathered on the GTI frontend. Thanks to MSR for sending me the bumper breakdown and part info.

Posted Image

And parts needed (still need to confirm if this is a complete list, so a few more bits may go on.)

1K0853666D9B9 - GRILLE 1 - ?5.17

1K0853677B9B9 - GRILLE 2 - ?8.53

1T0941699B - FOG LAMP 4 - ?41.13

1T0941700B - FOG LAMP 1 - ?41.13

1K0807717EGRU - MOLDING 2 - ?7.66

1K0807718EGRU - MOLDING 1 - ?7.66

1K0854661M9B9 - GRILLE 0 - ?8.65

1K0805903D9B9 - FRONT SPOILER BUMPER - ?27.78

1K08071109B9 - FRONT SPOILER LIP BUMPER - ?27.78

1K0807217DGRU - FRONT BUMPER SKIN - ?105.42

(+vat)

Also here's a link to a PDF that has some pics and info on Caractere's new GTI styling parts.

http://www.caractere-belgium.com/VOLKSWAGEN/CA_120/Test_GTI_Auto-Zeitung_2005-01.pdf

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Kunid - can you also get a part number for the main grille (between the head lights and with the VW badge) as I dont think its on the list.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
KuniD: zoom into the first pic at the top and you will see that there is what looks like a gap between the headlights - however there could be a whole host of reasons for this.

I am sure foxy will find out! [:)]

- those part prices do not seem so bad?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Ah gotcha, see it now. [:)] Thats probably some sorta fitting problem with the updgraded engine parts they've installed? Maybe its crash damage! TBH I don't expect that "problem" to come up on a TDI fitting the frontend; after all the pic that gti200 fitted shows no gap.

The prices for the parts are normal VAG prices, so should be able to get them even cheaper [:)] I'll find out about the grill/badge as well.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will be interested to hear your progress on this KuniD & Foxy. I am sure you could get a GB and fitting session days organised at some stage.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts