Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my golf booked in this friday for the Superchip program! Has anyone on the forum had there car done and what where the results like? I will post rolling road figures friday night as get a rolling road before and after with print outs for ?495 all in! Hopefully this will stop me wasting a big sum of money on the GTI!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I was gonna say i thort u were either

a) gettin a polo/fabia to save money

b) getting a gti to stop u keep swapping cars

a superchip is wee weeing money away if your not gonna keep car!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nice one, Cant wait to see the results and what u think to the drive

thing is i fancy the revo mod when it comes out so u can switch is on and off and they dont have to take ecu out of the car thats why its not out yet

But ill not be getting it done for a bit yet like to see tried and tested results my self

·
Registered
313 Posts
With all this talk of 0-60 times recently, it would be really useful if you could get a before/after comparison, but in a real world situation - say 30-50 or 50-70 mph in 4th/5th gear etc.

Be interesting to see the effect chipping has on the performance.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would of joined the group buy Jon but the garage is only 10 mins from where I work and with the rolling road I think it is a good price! My motor is shaping up well now with all the Gti bits inside! Going to fit armrest and six disc changer this weekend!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Quote: posted by richard_ on 05/01/2005 20:20:12

they dont have to take ecu out of the car

I thought Superchips just re-programmed your ECU by connecting a laptop to the plug under the dash. No need to replace a chip they just change the firmware on a programmable chip [;)]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well!!! Went to the garage to get it done but decided not to bother as was not happy with what they said about warrenty etc! The warrenty only lasts for 12 months which is not so good as my car is only 8 month old! Also guy said that If VW had to update my ecu program then I would have to pay to get the superchip done again! To be honest all the bits I have done to the golf are removable at the moment i.e. GTI pedals, steering wheel, gear knob and full aluminium trim. I am definatley still getting a GTI in October so ?500 on the superchip would of been money lost! All the GTI bits only cost ?410 with discount and got the steering wheel fitted for free! Was going to order a GTI last weekend but if I wait until october I will be able to pay cash for it and get all the extras plus the Recaro interior may be available then! Sorry to disapoint!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'll be going for the superchip myself after i break the car in (say 3-4k on the clock).

I see you added aluminium trim to your car, have you got pics? or info on what it was?

Cheers

Dog:)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I have been to RSD today and spent 1/4 an hour on a road test in their Oettinger Remapped 2.0GT TDi.

I then spent another 3/4 hour chatting to Mr RSD.......very interesting.

Will post my findings on another thread.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bought wheels from e-bay! Thet are from the new audi A3! Wheels are up forsale with a trade in of standard wheels but not in a rush as Will not be getting GTI until later in the year! I will take pic of interior when have final trim bit off dash as they sent the bit from a LH drive GTI! The gear knob and steering wheel are worth every penny and make the car a joy to drive!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Quote: posted by simfin on 08/01/2005 16:59:41

12 MONTH WARRANTY...................Ouch.

Shall not be doing that then [:(]

It's one year more than any other tuning company offers, with the exception of Oettinger.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Quote: posted by harvey240902 on 08/01/2005 17:55:59

Wheels are up forsale with a trade in of standard wheels but not in a rush as Will not be getting GTI until later in the year!

Roughly how much are you after for the wheels?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Open to offers on the wheels but like I said not in a rush to sell so would not let them go cheap! P.M. me with offers!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts