Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Nice stereo...

Thats one hell of a car mate, I wish I could have one of them cars as they are a serious machiene.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Whats a Honda doing being posted in a VW forum only kidding Walace... :lol:

I saw you had changed the old Diesel, by you new sig have you been pleased with it!

P.s It also looking very nice & clean mate have you got any plans for it in the future!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
If i'm being perfectly honest mate, (and i hope you don't mind me saying this?) but, there are only 4 things i can find wrong with it that IMO need changing...Not that i'm saying you must listen to me! [:$]

1) The rims are way too small for that kit, or even the car itself, it needs at least 18's. 2) The rear bumper/valance needs one similar with similar styling to the front to keep with the aggresive look, the front looks mean as, but is let down somewhat badly by the rear, 3) It needs lowering, the more the better, and 4) Change the tailpipe/exhaust to one with a single pipe. I think singles look much better on Type-R's than the twins! [Y]

Sorry to sound too judgemental!! [:$]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Love the type-R, looked at the one at the mega meet in red looked brilliant (Cant remember who's it was).

Black looks brill too..

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the comments lads.

I know its not to some peoples tastes but I thought i'd put some pics on here as uk-mkivs still feels like home, even if I do drive a Honda now[;)]

RJH - Your not judgemental, I have already thought about changing the wheels, lowering her a bit and a single exhaust[:p] But i've now decided to leave the wheels and springs standard as it will be very harsh and the handling will be affected, which is one of the many reasons why I bought the car in the first place. I will be changing the exhaust for a single pipe and will fit an induction kit at some point.

daflyingfin - The trim is more plasticky (sp?) than the Golf, but it is very well put together and I don't have a single squeak or rattle[Y] The seats are very comfortable and hold you in place when going fast around the bends. The gear lever is spot on, I thought it would take a while to get used to but its exactly where it needs to be.

sk4tec - Yes, the standard headunit was terrible. It was bit of a pain in the arse having to take out the whole dash to fit the Alpine unit in, but its was worth it. I need to get some new component speakers for the front now as it doesn't sound as good as I want it too.

Curley - The red CTR was probably Vedheads. I asked him quite a few questions before I bought mine as I was undecided, but i'm pleased I got it. Thanks for convincing me David[Y]

Steve - My Golf was running perfectly whe I traded it in. The bigger turbo worked very nicely, even when I took the re-map off. I gave a few of the bits like the maf, n75 valve and Green panel filter to C.J. I left all the forum stickers on the windows as I was hoping the new owner would register on here so I could see it every now and then, but thats not happend yet, I think it went to a lady owner??

Thanks for the comments again

Lee

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Still like these cars

got to agree though that the suit a single pipe in the rear, something like an oval looks best

other than that they are perfect as they are [;)]

·
Registered
294 Posts
Love the car mate and the pics are great - leave it the way it is looks spot on std. My only slight dislike is the rear lights - too Lexus'like but better then the first revisions.

Very jelous mate.

You ever gonna reply to my last pm ; )

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
About bloody time[:p]!! LOL

She is looking very good mate,[Y] so how are you and the vetec machine getting on??
Sorry mate, I know I took my time...[;)]

Yeah, its going excellent.

I'm pretty used to driving it now. I have a driving course on Thursday
(courtesy of Honda) with an ex police driver, who teaches you all the
ins and outs of the handling and characteristics of the car - should be
[H][H][H]

Shame your not going to the Epping meet next month, I could of
taken you for a spin. we'll sort something out at the xmas meet
instead[;)]

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Love the car mate and the pics are great -
leave it the way it is looks spot on std. My only slight dislike
is the rear lights - too Lexus'like but better then the first
revisions.

Very jelous mate.

You ever gonna reply to my last pm ; )
I've replied now mate[;)]

I wasn't too keen on the rear lights either but they are slowly growing
on me now and I think they are better than the pre-facelift ones. I
would like to get some aftermarket ones, but I haven't seen any that I
fancy yet.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
It looks tidy enough but I have to say they just dont do it for me at all... no offence like
I kinda agreed too. Strangely enough I don't have the urge to buy one even though they are great value for the money.

I 've driven my mates CTR, that gearbox is just awesome plus the manic VTEC[:O]

Great shine btw[:D]

1 - 20 of 48 Posts