·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my car with the new wheels on.

Posted Image

And from the back

Posted Image

Its getting lowered on saturday so there will be some more pictures after that.

But till then it offroading madness all the way.[;)]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Great wheels mate, what are they???

It will look better when it's low, doesnt look too bad now though[:D]

Great car, yet another Indigo????[:D] or is it Ink blue..

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol @ the off roading comments. [:p]

yeah its indigo blue.

the wheels are ace 132's. ?699 for wheelbase and i ordered them wednesday lunchtime and they where at my door by 9am the next day. cant fault that for service. [Y][Y][Y]

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Thats some quick delivery time mate. Also for your lowering are you using shocks and springs or just springs like me??

Sonny

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i was well impressed. [:D]

I'm going to use FK Highsport Coilovers for the purposes of lowering.

As the pics show i need to lower about 60-70mm for the right none hi-lux look. [:O]

I might start off with about a 50mm drop to see how it handles and to allow the suspension to settle in.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts

As the pics show i need to lower about 60-70mm for the right none hi-lux look. [:O]

I might start off with about a 50mm drop to see how it handles and to allow the suspension to settle in.
Im using the FK Highsports but not going that low!!!

I think mine are about 40/45mm but the ride is very good and no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts

How much are these FK coilovers?? These may be my next mod.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got mine from a GB organised on here by big pimp.

It may still be open. I payed ?390 for them.

Or as said awesome but i think their price it +vat. but they are very helpfull when it comes to suspension bushes i think they spent about 45mins on the phone sorting out exactly what i needed. top blokes [Y]

·
Registered
193 Posts
guys - GB is still available - PM me for info on it -

bob - the car will look sweet as mate - let me know what difference the bushes etc make, as i still haven't got round to getting mine fitted - will do soon though, but cos my car is 55mm lowered already, i have been busy sorting out other things first, and like you, i think i'd prefer to fit all at once - what all else have you chosen to change?

Ross

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright ross mate

I will let you know how the finished package is, but as im fitting the coilovers the front and rear anti roll bars and the suspension bushes all at once i wont be able to tell how much difference the indiviual parts make.[:p]

im also fitting h&r arb

Powerflex suspension bushes

Pagid Grooved discs and fast road pads.

how low does -55mm look got any pics ?

what wheels you got?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i'm currently running 18" OZ Velas, but have a pic of my car -55mm on the RS4's:

[
Thats one nice looking motor mate.[Y]

Whats it lowered on at the mo?

Do you find any problems with rubbing or harsh ride with -55mm?

I reckon it looks like you could go another -10mm from the pics. Get your highsports on [;)]

·
Registered
193 Posts
cheers mate! [:$]

as i say, it's -55mm on apex springs (got from Andrew at street racer too!)

it's been like that for over a year now on the standard shocks, and the ride has got so bouncy - the shocks are frigged totally dude! there is no rubbing whatsoever from it though, and i know i can and will go lower with the fk's - i want to ultimately have it so the arch's are right on the tyre!!

i'll get some new pics up whenever i get the car finished with the kit and coilovers - then i'll be finished!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just wanted to say thanks again ross for sorting the gb.

The fk's went on a treat. Just a word of warining to you the fronts arent fully assembled as they appear.

You need to strip out the bumpstops and a little metal washer type thing from the old shocks your removing.

Luckily we were doing an oil change when we lowered to car off the ramps and the struts came about 6inches up through the mounts. [:$] a clasdsic 1st timers error. m mechanic mate said that the kits normally come full assembled or at least with all the parts needed.

so you may wanna bear that in mind.

Check out the R.I.P hi-lux post for the results. [:D]

·
Registered
193 Posts
you're more than welcome mate - glad you're so pleased with everything, and thanks for the heads-up re the coilovers!

hopefully get mine done very soon - just been flat out with everything else thats been going on with the motor!

your car looks sweet to the beat mate - health ot enjoy it for many many miles!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
your car looks sweet to the beat mate - health ot enjoy it for many many miles!
[:$] cheers. im starting to get addicted to this thing tho and have lots of other mods that i would like to do now. i need another job in the evenings to pay for them [:O]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts