Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I posted a couple of photos taken with my phone (see post http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/559061.aspx )

Today I managed to get some clearer photos from a digital camera. As I mentioned in the other post I have fitted the 25th anniversary kit (with diesel rear valence) 18" original aristos, US style front bump strip, US lights, some changes in badging too (to give it that complete US 20th look). Inside, I have the full R32 aluminium trim. As with my previous car, I have fitted the PIAA Xenon bulbs and sidelights. I need to add some small basics, ie aero wipers, bora vents, R-line mats etc.

I have also had the rear spoiler removed from the tailgate. The car had the standard VW spoiler fitted when I bought the car, and I personally prefer the clean look without it.

Any comments are welcome.

The first photo below is a picture to show what the car was like when I initially bought it, followed on by the photos of the car as it is now. Some of the shots (ie behind the trees) were my attempts at being arty[:p]

Enjoy[Y]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/graeme84/P1010031.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/graeme84/P1010036.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/graeme84/P1010039.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/graeme84/P1010043.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/graeme84/P1010044.jpg

·
Registered
639 Posts
Looks great! Lot of effort gone in to that. Always liked the US Anni.

Only one thing...please change the rear badging, it just looks a bit cluttered to me. Maybe just the original US all red anni GTI badging?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Looking good Graeme[:)]

Know what you mean about the 'clean look' without the rear spoiler, mines still in my bedrooom.

Have you thought about fitting a de-badged front grill to match the bageless rear? I'm thinkin of doing this to mine at the moment...

Rich

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments so far,

Drysdale, I like the rabbit 1.8T badge as it is different. I have seen a few rabbit GTI badges, but not 1.8T ones. I am still undecided about the GTI badge on the left, but I feel the rabbit1.8T would seem lost on the right on its own. I did have the standard silver Anniversary GTI badge on the left at one point which I thought looked odd, so changed for the standard GTI all silver badge so as the badging on the rear would be all the same style. I plan on leaving it as it is for now, but I am considering suggestions.

Woody, I debadged the front of my old 1.4, which I liked but its not the look I want to go for with this car. I would possibly have considered it had my car been a different colour (ie silver) and went for a black debadged front grill. Dont think it would work against indigo blue though.

Pricey, I would love an Imola yellow mk4 like the have in the US. I love indigo blue too much though to justify a full respray to Imola.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice very nice.......

You know I have dreams about this car lol!
Front rub strip looks good matey, along with the new private plate finishes it off!
Not sure about the badging myself, but we did try it without the GTI and it looked a bit random. It might look better without the bootlock though? Who knows......
The indigo blue shines very nicely methinks!
A lota work has gone into it up until now, whats next on the agenda G?

Andy

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andy, thanks for your reply & helping out with the photos! As you know I am very pleased with the front bump strip and the fact that the smaller front plate fits exactly on the bumper between the strip and the lower grills. No major plans immediately, just the basics like aero wipers etc that I mentioned above. Rear aero wiper is a must, to tidy up the tailgate!

...might upgrade the suspension in the future, and consider a remap, but then I'd want biggger brakes and so on....the list is endless, I need to stop somewhere[:p]

thanks for the feedback so far, keep the opinions coming

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi m8, did you go for the original anni kit?  Or is it the replica?  Car looks great mate nice cheap mod to set up your interior is the TT pedals would look great with your interior.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers danny, your car is looking stunning right now btw![Y]

Tam, thanks for your comments!

Equalz, I bought the rep kit form bodycarstyling in the end, delighted with the quality and finish! I also had both my bumpers resprayed as they had a few scratches and chips. TT pedals are on my list too, I had them for my old mk4, nice mod and much cheaper than a set of R32 pedals.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Thats better pics Graeme. Car is looking lovely. Like I said in previous post, love that front plate. Take it the US bump strip has no plate recess? Whereas I got the Jap strip with a smaller recess.

Can't wait to see it in the metal soon.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BigA, I wanted to go for the complete US look without a recess so chose to go for a US style front bump strip as opposed to a jap spec. Its the standard bump strip btw, just had work done on the recess. I had heard the original US ones wouldnt fit our bumpers. I am very pleased with the finish, and I really like the fact that the smaller front plate fits exactly on the bumper between the strip and the lower grills.

Cat thanks for your reply, photos were taken after polishing the car on Sunday with Meguiars Gold Class.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jase & Glowplug thanks for both your replies. I would love the jap spec/US rear bumper, just dont have the cash to go towards it at the moment. Any idea how much the jap spec rear bumper costs?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts