Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

getting a gt tdi 130 golf soon so thought i would join up. had jap cars until now so thought i would got for a change.

i was wondering if its possible to fit 19's to the mk4 without any issues

ian

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Hi mate welcome, very good choice of mk4 with the pd130 ... get a remap then join 2 of the pd clubs on here;

1, The clutch slipping club

2, The boost leaking club

Ive seen 19's on here by more than 1 user, im not 100% but im about 80% sure you can do it with no arch mods, you just cant drop the suspension stupidlly low on 19's.

Jay.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will joining neither the boost leak club or the clutch slip. read about not taking tq over 300-320lbf and that the pipe splits so they will both be done before a get a remap.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
So your planning on upgrading the clutch, flywheel and the boost pipes before you get a remap?

Do you have an idea what parts your going to use and how much they will cost?

Are you planning to stick with the DMF or converting to SMF?

Good luck.

Jay.

p.s the boost pipes splitting is not a problem, they just wear and come apart/leak at the joints all the time (due to bad vw connection design on pd130/150).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i will prob do them first. seen smf kits on ebay for under 300quid. boost pipe will be done but i may get a front mount instead or upgrade side mount. no point getting a remap then fitting bits then another remap later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts