Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Do we have any 19" TFT users here? I have a basic 17" TFT bought over 2 years ago (25ms) and am thinking about replacing it with a larger model, preferably with DVI-I and a slow-ish response time <25ms. Which one do you currently use or would recommend? I believe these monsters are a lot affordable now and my budget of around/below 300 GBP should be enough for it I guess. Cheers.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm using a Viewsonic VP191B, very nice screen paid about 550 for it, you can get it now for about 350.

A very popular screen at the moment is the viewsonic VX912B X Series just over 300 from Overclockers.co.uk

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm using the HP L1925 which i got about 4 months ago. It is my main monitor as well as having my old 15"TFT working next to it as an addition screen.

THe 19" is using DVI and the 15" is annologue thus giving me multiple screens. Very good for running mutliple applications without the need to close one down just to see the other. [;)]

·
Registered
281 Posts
Have you checked www.aria.co.uk

I bought a 17 inch with 16ms response time about a year ago and it's been great and I know they always have offers on their TFTs. Not sure if they have many with DVI input but always worth a look.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote: posted by Wez on 29/03/2005 10:21:04

Ive just bought a New Sony SDM-94S from Germany for ?240.00 delivered!

Wez

That's very cheap! Do you have a link? I'm also tempted to get this one from DABS, made by Neovo, 19" with 25ms response time, DVI input and most important of all, ?204.57 all in.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Quote: posted by ncd on 28/03/2005 13:01:29

I'm using a Samsung Syncmaster 191T, it's absolutely the dog's doodah for quality, even though it a couple of years old now.

I am using the same and yeah its great, [8D]

·
Registered
259 Posts
The Xblack screens are lush! But ?404.00 or ?240.00? Ill take my chance with the 94 for the mo. I tend to change my monitor every so often anyway... Ive only had my 18" NEC for about 18 months i think. This is the guy selling the SDM-93 & SDM-94 monitors. Scroll down he does have a few other things too. [xx(] He charged me ?30.00 for shipping...

Wez

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote: posted by Wez on 30/03/2005 09:51:11

The Xblack screens are lush! But ?404.00 or ?240.00? Ill take my chance with the 94 for the mo. I tend to change my monitor every so often anyway... Ive only had my 18" NEC for about 18 months i think. This is the guy selling the SDM-93 & SDM-94 monitors. Scroll down he does have a few other things too. [xx(] He charged me ?30.00 for shipping...

Wez

Although the Xblack screen is nice, it's way over my budget and far too serious for a part-time PC geek. So this guy who sold you the new monitor is a German Ebayer? What's his ID?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Ive got a black 19" Dell (I believe made by samsung) Digital screen ... rotates 360 degrees ... a bit ghosty on FPS games but otherwise on games like need for speed underground, looks fabulous ! Am very happy with it overall, would give it 9/10.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote: posted by MkIV Turbo on 01/04/2005 16:49:06

Quote: posted by MOB on 01/04/2005 16:04:07

I cant comment on spec etc but this seems like a great deal to me??

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&sku=21632&category_id=4009

Those Dell screens are actually very nice, have a few of them at work and are nice and bright, with a good image produced.

Looks like a pretty decent screen for the price, only thing lacking is DVI-I - I'd love to try a DVI connected screen for a change really. This doesn't look too bad, does it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.