Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ppl

i have decided to buy 19s in the a8. i am currently sitting on 15s standard. the thing is i just want to see some pics of these. also are there any other rims i should consider before buying these and with the suspension being standard will i have to spend a lot of money on lowering it.... what else needs doing in this department. also is it worth getting replicas or the real mccoy is there any difference in quality and wut wud u do

thanks

rish

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
proper A8 rims from audi will cost you the earth mate. Best go for replicas if you want to eat food on a daily basis. As for lowering with 19's, id seriously recomend it as your golf will look like a 4x4 with huge wheels on, trust me, ive been there! You can saftly lower appx 50mm maybe a tad more with 19's.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers mate but is there a lot of difference in quality of replicas n originals

if u had the choice wud u get bbs rg - r dbk or a8s

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
the difference is not much to be honest, the replicas are damn fine. as for choice only you can decide that as its all down to personal taste.

·
Registered
143 Posts
They have got to be my "most favorite" alloys for the Golf. Just saweet man !

If I did'nt do so many miles and eat so many tyres a year, its definately what I would be having.

·
Registered
280 Posts
they are good quality in replica form jus keep them clean n dont kerb them, the centre caps tho have ahabit of the sticky vw badge falling off, and they aint easy to replace, i cnt find any...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My thoughts! I think there too common. Everone has them, granted not in 19'' but they are a common wheel for the MK4 Golf choice. Be different, search around, there's 1,000's of wheels out there [:D]

·
Registered
280 Posts
tht pic looks sick the silver one, i have 18's on mine, with vw centre caps they starting to go a bit crummy so might get audi caps on them, mine aint tht lowthough so looks a bit cak, but lowering more this week, also ordered bbs lms, but im liking the a8s still at night when the light catches them they look awesome..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts