Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was busy scouring through the mag wheel thread at www.golfmkv.com and have fallen inlove with these...BBS CKs. Do they look any good in the flesh? or are the CHs the better choice?
Posted Image

Posted Image

I've been getting mixed reactions back home, what are your thoughts? Anybody have some photoshop abilities?

Posted Image

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For me the BBS CH's would be my next choice,I think they looks the Mutt's.
Thanks for the reponse Dev. BBS CHs are definatley hot but have become a common sight on the GTI 5 hence I have decided to look at the CKs instead. Do you think they will look just as good on a 5 door GTI?

·
Registered
593 Posts
They look the absolute business imho. I would chop onto your car but I am without photoshop currently.

I would pick those over challenges any day of the week. Good find[Y]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Rob, Wow ur Golf looks MAGIC! I myself own a Black 2.0 GT FSi, its only in its standard form at the moment. I have a question if you dont mind, I also am looking to get BBS CK or CH alloys, but cannot make my mind up whether to get 18" or 19". The stealer told me that if I get 18's they will just go straight on without changing suspension etc...

I notice however that ur car has got 19"' with Eibach sportline suspension, if I get 19" then would I need to get sportline suspension or could get away with the pro-line kit? Also would I need any spring stoppers, as I have heard that the 19" setup will touch the arches over humps etc...

Any advice on this would be appreciated, I can see that you have done it, but just want some re-assurance.

Thanks

Amit

·
Registered
94 Posts
H Amit,

BBS wheels ar perfect offset for MK5 ET50 one of the main reasons i went with them,

19s are fine with sportlines, pro kit will also be fine,

There is small catching on the front over big potholes etc this is easy to sort :)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
For me the BBS CH's would be my next choice,I think they looks the Mutt's.
Thanks for the reponse Dev. BBS CHs are definatley hot but have become a common sight on the GTI 5 hence I have decided to look at the CKs instead. Do you think they will look just as good on a 5 door GTI?
Hi again Mate, I still think your car will look great standing on the CK's,It will stand out from the crowd,I don't think you can go wrong with either.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
H Amit,

BBS wheels ar perfect offset for MK5 ET50 one of the main reasons i went with them,

19s are fine with sportlines, pro kit will also be fine,

There is small catching on the front over big potholes etc this is easy to sort :)
I've just found out that the CKs offset is ET44 , my suspension is lowered...will I have any issues with catching?

·
Registered
418 Posts
this is getting confusing 2 Chris's lol

No not been out in Robs car yet as last time I was over at his work he was to busy but in the flesh his car looks wicked [:)] VW should have a look and change the R32 [:)]

Chris

1 - 20 of 23 Posts