Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i keep getting

17705/P1297 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

i have replaced the diverter valve

i have checked the hoses that i can see

and i have also fitted a new maf

after i fiited the maf i cleared the code the car flew

after a day or two

the car now feels sluggish and quite jerky

and suprise suprise the 17705 code is back

anyone cured this one???

stuarty

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Is your car remapped? Reason being if you're putting out more power than standard, you may be blowing the diaphragm in the standard DV. Also the pipe to the top of the DV is easily damaged at the end. Might be worth checking those connections to the DV.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry total standard i think but did feel really quick after the new maf and cleared code

the dv i fitted is a evalution piston diverter

will check that hose again

stuarty

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I used to get it at least once a week on a standard 150bhp AUM and when I finally got a new MAF it 'cured' it for about 8 months. In that 8 months I got remapped and a Forge DV fitted but lately it's started to reappear about once every 3-4 weeks [:(] going to probably get new hoses from the MAF to the throttle body see if that works or do a pressure test somehow

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Check your intercooler pipes are secure especially the one from the top of the cooler to the inlet manifold as this has a habit of
working loose if not tightened enough.It will look fine but if it comes off car will feel like its misfiring and will feel jerky.Next i would
check the whole length of the vacuum hose for the dv.It runs from the top of the dv to the back of the engine into a tiny metal pipe,
which runs round the right side of the engine to the front, where it connects to another vacuum hose that connects underneath the
inlet manifold on the right.These vacuum pipes on our cars are braided rubber and they tend to get brittle & split under the braiding
so they will look ok but will be causing you issues when you have invisible splits in them.Id change the one on the fuel pressure
regulator whilst your at it too.Shouldnt cost more than a few quid for a length of standard rubber vacuum hose from any car shop.

Hope that helps.[Y]

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok had a good look and a pull at most of the hoses

had it over the pit and checked intercooler hoses

still cant find a problem none were loose

any easy way to check for a leak ??

stuarty

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
OK so seen as you have an AUM, the next port of call would be the N249 valve.It sits at the front of the engine under the
little engine cover the oil dip stick sits in, and has the job of regulating air to the dv vacum pipe.Make sure its plugged in
tight and you can also try bypassing this and if an improvement on performance is had then you've found your problem.

Clicky

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've had this fault too, changed the DV for a forge one, which fixed it for a bit, until it came back! After a ton of head scratching.

I decided to buy a load of Jubilee clips, and one by one removed each hose around the turbo and then inspected each for damage and then refit with the Jubilee clips, on the last hose it paid off cos there was 2mm hole in the hose (which couldn't been seen unless the hose was off) so I super glued and tapped it up and the difference in the car is amazing!!

This is obviously a temp fix and I've ordered some samco hoses to replace it.

HTH

Dave

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I've had this fault too, changed the DV for a forge one, which fixed it for a bit, until it came back! After a ton of head scratching.

I decided to buy a load of Jubilee clips, and one by one removed each hose around the turbo and then inspected each for damage and then refit with the Jubilee clips, on the last hose it paid off cos there was 2mm hole in the hose (which couldn't been seen unless the hose was off) so I super glued and tapped it up and the difference in the car is amazing!!

HTH

Dave
Wasnt the hose that goes from the intercooler to the throttle body was it ?

·
Registered
253 Posts
na it went to the n75 value from the manifold (correct me if I'm wrong!)

I've circled the pipe (arrowed where the leak was) I'll take a picture when its off the car

Hose circled, hole arrowed

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
anyone got a pic of the n75 valve ???

gonna check them all again at the weekend

stuarty

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ya dancer ....

i think mine is cured

only things i have done are clean the the throttle body then reset via vag-com

then

replaced short hose from top of dump valve . this looked good but replaced it anyways

i personaly think it is the throttle body that helped check this out -

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/809561.aspx

anyways done over a hundred miles now and all is good

fingers crossed

stuarty

·
Registered
332 Posts
The search function is great!!!!

Any other info on this? I had a mass of fault codes on mine and a new coil fixed most but i still have this one.

·
Registered
253 Posts

HTH

Dave
as above try this if your getting the 17705 error (remove and check each hose)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too have this 17705 fault code keep throwing up on the ecu of my 2001 1.8t AUM, mines been remapped by R-Tech and had uprated R-Tech DV fitted, I have replaced the dipstick tube due to breakage, Temp Sensor and thernostat due to various other codes coming up, the upper oil breather hose has been done too.

My ecu only seems to throw up the fault every 200 miles or so, I have just noticed though that one of my pipe connections to the Dv has slight oil spray, just waiting the cars return to recheck as the missus using it at moment

1 - 20 of 25 Posts