Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 17" 6 spoke Audi TT wheels will fit on an R32?

I'm looking for a set of wheels while I get mine refurbished and to use over the winter months.

Jeffers

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
should fit but they may need spacers or you might find some one who will pre book your car and do all the wheels in a day i know of one such place in the neast

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Will they clear the front calipers? I know theres enough room to get a brush underneeth to clean the inside... apart from the the stud pattern and offsets are the same so yes they should fit!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
or buy a nice set of 16 inch 4motion wheels that will definetly fit (I think) PS mine are in the classifieds with good tyres and piccies.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote: posted by Tom R32 on 02/11/2004 17:35:02

If they did would they not have had a spare instead of the repair kit? I am not so sure it will fit mate.

The only reason the R doesn't have a spare is because there is no room in the boot because of the space that the exhaust take underneath. The R has a shallower boot than any other Golf...even the V6 4Motion

·
Registered
512 Posts
Ahhhh I see!!! [;)]

They could have made a slim space saver though couldnt they? I am dreading the day I have to use that kit.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
andymac I saw the V6 alloys, but as they are 16" they wont fit - the R32 calipers are too big!

I know the stud pattern is the same, it's the offset I'm worried about as I don't want to hit the front calipers!

Jeffers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote: posted by Tom R32 on 03/11/2004 07:11:38

Ahhhh I see!!! [;)]

They could have made a slim space saver though couldnt they?

Tom, some R32 drivers have purchased the space saver for the TT as it fits in the boot. The Golf Anni comes with a full size metal wheel, I think they were also trying to keep the weight down in the R32?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Quote: posted by geo_nr1 on 03/11/2004 20:12:44

Ahhhh I see!!! [;)]

Tom, some R32 drivers have purchased the space saver for the TT as it fits in the boot. The Golf Anni comes with a full size metal wheel, I think they were also trying to keep the weight down in the R32?

Ahhh bolllloox!!!! My boss just sent his TT back and said "help yourself to any bits you want" I looked at the spacesaver and just assumed it wouldnt fit as VW didnt do it! Gutted!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote: posted by Tom R32 on 03/11/2004 22:23:37

Quote: posted by geo_nr1 on 03/11/2004 20:12:44

Ahhhh I see!!! [;)]

Ahhh bolllloox!!!! My boss just sent his TT back and said "help yourself to any bits you want" I looked at the spacesaver and just assumed it wouldnt fit as VW didnt do it! Gutted!

LOL....shame, they cost a few quid!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts