Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Think the old Passat TDI would kick its backside from 0-60. Not sure it could match the mighty Skylines top end. Any idea how fast that was?!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd say he was doing 150+ on the vid but the 1000bhp tuned ones can top 200 with no problems at all.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Don't mean to doubt your title Vedhead, but where does the 1600bhp come from? - i thought the most powerful skyline was circa 1200bhp.

Who built this badboy and do you know the specs on it? turbo? etc......

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote: posted by Gareth_1.8T on 09/04/2005 18:12:12

Don't mean to doubt your title Vedhead, but where does the 1600bhp come from? - i thought the most powerful skyline was circa 1200bhp.

Just going on what the description was on the site where i found it, mate.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Quote: posted by vedhead on 09/04/2005 18:46:02

Quote: posted by Gareth_1.8T on 09/04/2005 18:12:12

Just going on what the description was on the site where i found it, mate.

Fair play mate, i might have to investigate this car further as i'm quite into my jap performance cars and have never come across this car. That power output does seem (IMO) a tad optimistic. But no doubt the thing shifts tho.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very optimistic, but then could have silly amounts of nitrous.

AS you say, the most powerfull to date is that Aussie one, 1200bhp ish, on the experimenti site (or something like that).

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Jeez! I'm having a lot of fun driving around in a 250bhp R33 GTS at the moment, and that can be a bit frisky[:O]. That looks terrifying!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ooooooooooooooo just watched it....

That video is taken in New Zeland. I've got clips of 600+bhp Scoobies flying down there. All the big jap tuners take their cars down there to do a top speed run. From the looks of that video compared to previous videos, that IS doing over 200mph. I've seen a scooby on that same bit of road, same camera angles (always the same) doing 190mph and that looked MUCH (and i do mean a fair bit) slower than this skyline.

God that noise nearly gave me a hard on ha ha...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts