Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts
S3's are great cars, but IMO look too out of place these days, too dated looking. Id say LEON CUPRA R. Can pick up a low miler for 13K tops.

Im looking into flogging my Golf too as it seems. Im looking into the new A3 2.0TDI Sline's. Cant put a price on my golf though as its just too modded and would have to goto an entusiast.

I got my plans allready for the Audi LOL!! And it involves NO bodywork!! ;-)

Focus RS, R32, Leon R or S2000. Depends what you want i guess, but both the S3 and A3 3.2 are lifeless boring cars, very uninvolving to drive. Quick, great traction but not thrilling.

Leon R made the best of a poor chassis, looks the part, fast as standard, silly when mapped. RS a 'real' hot hatch, and very very quick.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
would i get a nisan 350z for 15k ?

mk4 R32 and mk5 gti are out of the price aren't they. and what is the mk5 170 ?

catriona you only want me to get the roadster so you can drive it [:p]

and really dont want any type of BMW.they all have that common fault of the indicators not working [;)]

Jace there are loads of R32's around the 15k mark.... if thats your
budget dont be afraid of looking at 16k cars and offering 15 it
is a buyers market out there.

Also heres one thats of the wall but seriously powerful .. Alfa Romeo 147 GTA

Oh and I agree I hate the BMW's too

Wrong time of year for an A4 cabriolet, you need to wait until november when demand falls and prices drop. Nice ones start at 18k. You could get a merc for that money, a nice C Class CDI. Still if running costs wasn't the issue then I'd go for the Focus ST.

I'd buy an Audi Coupe Quattro and fit an S8 4.2 V8.  Piece of piss conversion and you can always upgrade to RS6 twin turbo set up or, for a lesser budget, fit a bahn brenner charger.  Although, the 330bhp may be enough for you.  ?15k would be more than enough.

Get a e30 m3 sweet cars or get an e36 evo GT and mod it in your budget !!

You could always go for an NSX or Skyline GTR you could get a good R32 GTR or R33 for that money.

Or if you like FWD why not give an integra type r a whirl great handling for the money ?

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?page=8&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=HONDA&model=INTEGRA&variant=&keywords=&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=tw12+2dd&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

A few maybe less popular options are the Clio V6 (and save some money), Alfa 147 GTA (Although my mate had one and bits literally fell off the interior!! - but fast though), Audi S8

or...... an older C Class merc AMG

I am looking in same budget at moment and thinking of an S4 -

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.