I have got myself a 150PD turbo and was wondering if anyone would
be able to post a diagram and part numbers for the pipes that run
from the turbo.

Its a VNT-17 Garret turbo

All the details I have for the turbo are:

EDITED-

Part No: 038-253-016 d

Casting No of turbo: 716213-1

I need to find out how the lower intercooler hose connects to the turbo??

Hope someone can help[:S]

Cheers

Lee

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought I had found the part earlier, spoke to someone who works in the parts department at VW and they found the part no. for a hose that connects to the turbo, but they didn't have it in stock. So I phoned a couple of other dealers and eventually found somewhere with them in stock. Made a 20 mile journey there only to discover its a push-in fitting where'as I need what looks to be a bolt/clamp on fitting.

The guy I went and saw at the parts department this morning thinks he may have found the part now, he should have it in by tommorow, just hope its the right part.

I'll post some pics when I get home of what i'm talking about, will explain things better.

[:S][:S][:S][:S][:S]

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, heres some pics of the turbo to help explain things a little easier.

150PD Turbo:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is the bit that we're having trouble finding the part to connect the hose to:

Posted Image

What I know so far are that there are 2 types of 150PD turbos

Garret Turbo - 716213-1 (My one)

& this one:

Garret Turbo - 721021-1

Posted Image

You can see on this one where the hose is a clip in fitting, and I even have a picture of the hose for you[:p]

Part no - 1J0145822E

Posted Image

Thats about it for now, hopefully i'll be able to get the correct part tommorow[:cool:]

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[:mad:][:mad:][:mad:]

I don't believe it, the part that arrived for me at the VW parts department is still the wrong part [:'(]

No one can seem to find the fitting, surely if VW built the turbo then they would have made the fittings to go with it.

Going to have to wait until Monday now to see what else can be done[:(][:(]

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Holy resurrection!! lol

WOW, this really was a long time ago....

I can't even remember what happend to be perfectly honest. I'm pretty sure I found a hose that fitted and I got it from a VW dealers, but have no idea what is was called or the part no.

Sorry I can't be of any help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.