I have got myself a 150PD turbo and was wondering if anyone would
be able to post a diagram and part numbers for the pipes that run
from the turbo.

Its a VNT-17 Garret turbo

All the details I have for the turbo are:

EDITED-

Part No: 038-253-016 d

Casting No of turbo: 716213-1

I need to find out how the lower intercooler hose connects to the turbo??

Hope someone can help[:S]

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
135 Posts
Etka doesnt show the fixings too clearly, just the washers and banjo bolts that hold it together. Cant post the pic here but can maybe fax it? 

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought I had found the part earlier, spoke to someone who works in the parts department at VW and they found the part no. for a hose that connects to the turbo, but they didn't have it in stock. So I phoned a couple of other dealers and eventually found somewhere with them in stock. Made a 20 mile journey there only to discover its a push-in fitting where'as I need what looks to be a bolt/clamp on fitting.

The guy I went and saw at the parts department this morning thinks he may have found the part now, he should have it in by tommorow, just hope its the right part.

I'll post some pics when I get home of what i'm talking about, will explain things better.

[:S][:S][:S][:S][:S]

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, heres some pics of the turbo to help explain things a little easier.

150PD Turbo:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is the bit that we're having trouble finding the part to connect the hose to:

Posted Image

What I know so far are that there are 2 types of 150PD turbos

Garret Turbo - 716213-1 (My one)

& this one:

Garret Turbo - 721021-1

Posted Image

You can see on this one where the hose is a clip in fitting, and I even have a picture of the hose for you[:p]

Part no - 1J0145822E

Posted Image

Thats about it for now, hopefully i'll be able to get the correct part tommorow[:cool:]

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[:mad:][:mad:][:mad:]

I don't believe it, the part that arrived for me at the VW parts department is still the wrong part [:'(]

No one can seem to find the fitting, surely if VW built the turbo then they would have made the fittings to go with it.

Going to have to wait until Monday now to see what else can be done[:(][:(]

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm sure people on tdiclub are using the PD100 hose as it the same
connection, but for a smic not fmic, I may well be wrong but its worth
a try...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Did you ever resolve this Lee? I have the same issue with a 130 turbo I have bought... looks a better type of connection if I can find the hose to fit it!

Anyone else seen one like this before??

·
Registered
269 Posts
Did you ever resolve this Lee? I have the same issue with a 130 turbo I have bought... looks a better type of connection if I can find the hose to fit it!

Talk about resurrecting an old thread. This is what ETKA shows for a 130 Turbo. Let me know what part you are interested in and I'll try and get the correct part number for you.

Posted Image

·
Registered
4,566 Posts

got any pics mate?

or is the connection exactly the same as the connection on the turbo in the original posters pics?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah it's exactly the same guys - outlet is on the same side as the EGR connection would be...

Cheers for the diagram but it would be on the one with the boost system hoses, I've looked on mine and there are 2 hoses, neither are correct as I've looked up pics on the net - I reckon it needs some sort of adapter, hopefully the OP can help!

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Holy resurrection!! lol

WOW, this really was a long time ago....

I can't even remember what happend to be perfectly honest. I'm pretty sure I found a hose that fitted and I got it from a VW dealers, but have no idea what is was called or the part no.

Sorry I can't be of any help.

·
Registered
124 Posts
No probs - was a while ago I know!

But you are fairly sure you did use that turbo and got it to work with a standard hose from VW? I will get my mate who works in parts on the case!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have te excact same problem. The old turbo is 716213-1 and as I foun out from Estonian dealers today Garrett is not making them anymore??!! They have the other one, where the hose outlet is with clip fitting ( the second turbo picture) If anyone coult tell me 100% sure, that all I need is only one new hose, I am going that way ( the other way is to change the parts inside turbo, but I would prefer a new one). Will add some pics later of turbo and the original hose and the metal part that connecs to the turbo ( where you can bolt it in )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts