Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am now starting to get near the end of my first tank of fuel after picking up this 11 month old car a week ago. I have covered 460 miles since filling it up, the first 200 was the delivery trip back from Bradford and the computer tells me I have 100 miles worth of fuel still in the tank!

I am very happy with the car - thanks again for all the advice I received from the members of this forum.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
My range amount is never that accurate...only handy for when you're down to the last drop!

460 is good though - if it's city driving. Most I've had from mine is 540.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Showing 460 with a quarter of a tank still to go! First 200 was on the M1 and the rest has been mixed driving with perhaps more m'way than urban stuff. I am hoping for 540 before I fill up again.

·
Registered
740 Posts
If I rag mine I get 440-450 ish, normally around 500-520, but if I drive like a granny (once to see what I'd get out the tank [;)]) I've had almost 590!

I use BP Ultimate Diesel every 3rd or so tank, and normal Shell diesel for the rest.

With my driving style as long as I get 500 ish I'm happy [:)] Glad your enjoying your car!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Only option of diesel I have here is...diesel. No performance diesel fuel here yet, Shell don't seem keen to bring it in anyway for some reason.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Bl00dy hell guys I was happy I was getting 37mpg average to a tank, not so happy now as thats only 360/370 miles. I hope it gets better then, I know it's still tight at 1500 miles

J.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Quote: posted by kenshewry on 30/03/2005 17:24:05

You guys are making me jealous!! 280 miles is my best. [:(]

Posted Image

We're making you jealous? [;)] This coming from someone with a GTI!! .... Wanna trade? [:D] [:eek:)]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
J it will get better but you probably drive a bit like me (fast when possible) so don't expect to see more than 420-440 driving in the city.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We're making you jealous? [;)] This coming from someone with a GTI!! .... Wanna trade? [:D] [:eek:)]

[/quote]

Lol mate!!! Not just yet, but if the liquid gold goes over ?5 a gallon then pm me!!!!

Best regards

Ken

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Quote: posted by Irish on 30/03/2005 17:32:55

J it will get better but you probably drive a bit like me (fast when possible) so don't expect to see more than 420-440 driving in the city.

Err of course not, nice and slowly does it...

I'll be more than happy with 420 to a tank [:D] What you getting now you've had the chip in for a few more days? Better worse?

J.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'm not revving much over 2.5K intentionally and the computer is showing low 40s most of the time.

When filling to the brim the needle does move off full quicker now though. After doing about 60 miles it will have moved an 1/8 of tank! Used to stay still for the first 100 miles nearly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I get 500 miles before I fill up. Yhe miles to go display on the computor reads 5 miles left and I can get 52 or 53 L of BP ultimate in. The last half on the gauge goes down quicker than the first though.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by SuperMario.Dave on 30/03/2005 20:34:12

best ive had is 440,I average 38mpg on the computer with the aircon permanently on and BP Ultimate

Try pressing the 'econ' button for at least part of every journey!

·
Registered
740 Posts
I never use econ and still get the milleage I mentioned above. TBH some of the figures I've seen from PD140 owners baffle me; I really abuse my 140 sometimes, and it always gives me fantastic consumption. If I sit at 100mph (on my private motorway of course [;)]) I get 45mpg, at 80mph 50mpg.

Even with a few days of b-road thrashing my MPG stays above 44.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts