Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a * 130tdi pd... Had some strange noises on boost, loss of power, lumpy running. Anyway, it turns out my turbo is shagged and I need a new one.

I'm from Cov and I need to find a decent supplier for a replacement or recon job of the turbo. Anywhere in the Cov/Leicester/B'ham area is good, I don't need it fitted just supplied.

Been quoted £380+vat from Midland Turbo but I have read some mixed reviews. Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

I'm also wondering if it is worth upgrading to a bigger/better turbo at the same time. Car is currently standard but I might like to remap it in the future.

·
You ain't seen me, right?
3,778 Posts
i had my refurb unit from midland turbo and cant fault them

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had my refurb unit from midland turbo and cant fault them
Yeah, I'm probably going to go with them. The amount of positive reviews seem to cancel out the couple of bad ones I have seen.

Still waiting for the guy who has my car to get time to take the old turbo off - at the moment I don't know what state it is in or if it can be refurbed or not. Apparently I'm gonna need a new airbox and fiter too as there is oil in there from the turbo - sounds like it blew up big time.

New ones seem to cost around £600 + VAT. [:O]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had my pd 130 turbo made into a hybrid for £450 all new seals everything
Hi, a couple of questions:

Where did you get that done?

I assume that increases performance? If so is a remap required?

Any other parts required to fit that hybrid or was it a bolt on bolt off job?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts