Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i have a 130pd thats been remapped to 165ish. i am having no end of trouble with boost pipes leaking. as soon as i replace one a different one needs changing. It just seems like they couldnt have desingned it anyworse! (whats wrong with jubilee clips???)

Im looking to move to a FMIC does anyone have any recomendations? the only kits ive seen are the forge kit for 600odd quid, which is extortianate. the other option is toyosports kit from ebay for £259ish

does any1 have any experiance with fitting of either of these ? or any other suggestions?

i was thinging of using a FMIC for the 150pd, but using better piping if such a kit exists? but it seems the ebay toyosports kit would be cheaper.

·
Meth addict
3,077 Posts
You could always get a Turborevs uprated sidemount and replace all the boost piping yourself, few members including myself have done this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much would the turborevs sidemount and the better piping cost ?.. would you recomend that over a fmic?

·
Diesel isn't a dirty word
11,031 Posts
It all depends on where you want to be power wise, if you are happy with a 180 BHP ish remap them the uprated SMIC will be fine but if you are going for more you may want to consider a FMIC.

The ARL stock FMIC flows well and obviously fits without modifying the bumper but you will need a different radiator, front panel and all the pipework and maybe a different aircon rad as well but I'm not sure on that.

The alloy uprated IC rout will cost in the region of £200 all in which is the same sort of money as an OEM SMIC from euro carparts plus an EGR delete if you don't already have one. There are pictures in my build thread and Madman's of the installed IC.

Neil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts