Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where abouts can i get one of the 12v boot sockets. i've got one in my car but i may need to retro fit one to a different car

cheers

·
Registered
654 Posts
Speaking of which, which side does the loom connect to, left or right? And, doe anyone know how to get at the connector?

·
Registered
655 Posts
I got a proper Golf/Beetle one from my dealer [:D]

Part numbers

Socket 1J0919309 ?3.28

Trim 1U0919341E ?3.00

Total + VAT ?7.38

It fits to the right side of boot wiring is already there.

Vag parts one is like the one fitted to passats.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have taken a look but can't see anything! Will I have to remove anything more than the access cover to the rear right light?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Isn't the factory socket situated directly under the boot light in a Mark IV? (seen in some various photos -mainly US Golfs).I found my loom for it but there appears to be a metal bar under the boot light where the socket would go ( no locating hole in metal bar for the socket). Does it have to be drilled out to fit the socket, therefore giving it some support when you plug something into it?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm planning to fit this to a rover 25 boot...i just need to splice some wires from the dash lighter socket yeah?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Quote: posted by GreenBeast on 07/09/2004 16:31:00

i'm planning to fit this to a rover 25 boot...i just need to splice some wires from the dash lighter socket yeah?

As long as you don't need to run more than 10 Amps between the two of them yes. Ideally straight from the battery through a 10A fuse.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Quote: posted by graeme86 on 07/09/2004 16:06:53

Isn't the factory socket situated directly under the boot light in a Mark IV? (seen in some various photos -mainly US Golfs).I found my loom for it but there appears to be a metal bar under the boot light where the socket would go ( no locating hole in metal bar for the socket). Does it have to be drilled out to fit the socket, therefore giving it some support when you plug something into it?

I fitted mine into the bottom of the removable panel for the rear light. It's stiff enough to support the socket and it looks OK there.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Quote: posted by graeme86 on 07/09/2004 16:06:53

Isn't the factory socket situated directly under the boot light in a Mark IV?

Yes, that's where mine is.

R

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Just for info. It appears a two wheel drive golf does not have that metal side support bar under the light. It just has a plastic welded rectangle on the back of the carpet to reinforce the socket area.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by match14 on 07/09/2004 11:29:42

I got a proper Golf/Beetle one from my dealer [:D]

Part numbers

Socket 1J0919309 ?3.28

Trim 1U0919341E ?3.00

Total + VAT ?7.38

It fits to the right side of boot wiring is already there.

Vag parts one is like the one fitted to passats.

Is that trim number right ??? My dealer says not......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts