Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

115pd n75 to 130pd n75

1K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  james.milroy 
#1 ·
Hi guys I know a few of you did this several months ago, just wondering what your opinions were now, have u managed to find out what increase if any this has on an otherwise stock engine.

The dealer has one in stock, can go and buy it tomorrow, basically do I or dont I?!

#6 ·
Thanks for coming back, a bit late as already have it but have to say thank you very much for bringing this up in the first place, car feels a lot smoother and although it doesnt feel as quick, not such a big kick up the back side it has increased the acceleration, 30-70 in 3rd is now 1.8 seconds quicker over the same stretch of road.

It also have more consistent power up the rev range and is a much smoother drive.

#7 ·
Glad you think it's worth it - I've been away over the weekend so haven't had access.

It's funny how it doesn't feel as fast, but actually is, I think it's because the torque curve is smoothed out and there's less of that 'oomph' feel when you hoof it.

One day I'll get round to scanning the power plot from the RR....

#17 ·
I have a 130pd N75 in my 115pd. Just like others have noted, it smooths out the torque curve somewhat, less of a surge at 1800rpm. Only problem is the pipe fittings are reversed. I used silicon hose for both. The silicon is much more pliable and stretches onto the bigger fittings easily. You won't need cable clips either. Also the silicon hose bends easier so is easier to manipulate and you don't need as much since it doesn't tend to kink like the briaded stuff VW uses. I'll try to take a piccy tomorrow of my install, its a bit late at the mo for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.