Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help. tomorow i have to decide between a 130 with 185 chip or a 110 with leather and bbs 17s . i have been told that the 110 is not a pd as it has 5 gears,not 6. can anyone tell me if this is right,and/or is the 110 any good,i will chip it but want to be sure i am buying the right one.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
My choice would be the 130, as said above, it's a PD too.

On the other hand, Sem has a 110 and seems quite happy with it.

What are the spec/price differences . . . ??

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
110's are good, but if your get the choice 130 for sure! Especially with 185bhp! U can always add leather later! Will hold its price better too as its a PD! Make sure u get climatronic though!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies hare is the speck on the two ...2000 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 1.9 GT TDi

110 Black, full leather, climate control, winter/sports pack, bbs alloys,1 previous owner, full recent service,VW FSH. 41000 miles. ?9000...i can have it for 8500.....or......

VW GOLF GT TDI 2001 130BHP 6 SPEED

THIS CAR IS IN LOVELY CONDITON. I HAVE OWNED THE CAR FOR A YEAR IN WHICH I HAVE DONE A LOT OF TRAVELLING AROUND THE COUNTRY, HENCE THE SLIGHTLY HIGH MILEAGE. THESE ARE ALL MOTORWAY MILES.

THE CAR COMES WITH

CRUISE CONTROL, CLIMATE CONTROL, TRACTION CONTROL, 6 SPEED GEARBOX, ON BOARD COMPUTER, STEREO, S/H, ALL ELECTRIC WINDOWS, ARMRESTS, BLACK CLOTH INTERIOR, 15" ALLOY WHEELS.

ITS IS VERY FAST AND THE ECONOMY IS GREAT.

I CAN ALSO SUPPLY WITH THIS CAR A VAN AACHEN SMART BOX WHICH INCREASES THE POWER ON THE CAR TO APPROX 185BHP. I WOULD DEFINATELY RECOMMEND HAVING IT IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE DOING QUITE A LOT OF MILES AS NOT ONLY DOES IT INCREASE POWER BUT IT ALSO INCREASES THE ECONOMY ON THE VEHICLE.

YOU ARE WELCOME TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS ON THIS CAR.

IF ITS ECONOMY AND POWER YOU ARE AFTER THEN YOU WILL NOT FIND ANYTHING BETTER.....its the leather i am being drawn to but you lot are guiding me to the 130 , and your probaly right...but dont stop now your winning .

·
Registered
223 Posts
130. It'll have ESP, 6-spd, PD engine, it's newer, hold it's value better etc You can always fit 17"s later.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
arre they roughly the same price [?], as you don't state the price for the 130 [?], i would have thought it was at least ?1k more, but no mileage for the PD130 is stated either [?].

I would go for the PD130, the 110 is a good engine, but the PD130 is the most desirable of the two and will therefore hold its value better.

IMO the 6 speed box is worth having too, to use the extra torque the PD130 has. With cruise already fitted to, looks like a reasonable spec. I would not worry about the leather interior, unless it is recaro leather. The Van AAkan tuning box looks like it will cost you extra, but is recommended by at least one member here (foxy), whom used it on his recently departed PD130.

Good luck with the decision at the end of the day, only you can see/drive the cars and make the choice. Looking at things on paper is one thing, seeing the vehicle condition is another..........

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
the PD130 will also have an easy path to 312mm brakes at the front where as on the 110, you'll need to change the hubs and calipur in addition, which gets quite expensive

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote: posted by NETDI on 08/10/2004 11:16:22

130. It'll have ESP, 6-spd, PD engine, it's newer, hold it's value better etc You can always fit 17"s later.

dont think a 2001 pd130 will have ESP, just ASR (traction control) - ESP came in with MY2003?

get the 130, they're great[:D]

·
Registered
293 Posts
of the two, i'd get the 130PD especially as your not going to do a lot of miles on the island (unless you commute over), over time the mileage will come more in-line with normal useage.

Depends on price though i suppose.

·
Registered
223 Posts
dont think a 2001 pd130 will have ESP, just ASR (traction control) - ESP came in with MY2003?get the 130, they're great[:D]

My 2002 52 plate's got it [^] But agree with you about getting the 130 mind [:D]

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cheers all, i am going to pick up the 130 at 6.30 to night.and as your all asking. the 130 is ?9100 inc chip and has 57000 on the clock.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Quote: posted by Mister_E on 09/10/2004 01:35:14

I see pd130s and pd150s are coming down then!

Might just be accessible come summer 2005!

You must have been reading my mind . . . !!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts