Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
have a look on google mate. the integra is a faster car around a track but only just.

ITR (DC2) is 190bhp CTR is 200bhp (give or take a few) but the Civic weighs more. Either way any hot honda will beat an Golf GTI, including the new one, on a track.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Quote: posted by Bazrazmataz on 15/02/2005 22:29:08

Hi

Bog standard which is faster a 1.8t golf or a Civic Type R

Are you serious??? Bog standard 1.8t will get dusted! [B)]

Like others say this topics has been done to death, as for an ITR they are v quick too. Few different specs i think, but i beat my mates with the ko3s.

Why are you interested?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are integras imports only ?

I seen a really nice CTR up the road from me 1 year old clean 7000 miles 16000 gonna take a look at it later ! I really love my golf and will be sad to see it go but milage is up to 90000 now !!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quote: posted by Bazrazmataz on 16/02/2005 08:42:48

Are integras imports only ?

I seen a really nice CTR up the road from me 1 year old clean 7000 miles 16000 gonna take a look at it later ! I really love my golf and will be sad to see it go but milage is up to 90000 now !!

Thats expensive for a second hand CTR I'd say. And 90k miles is nothing

to a 1.8T as several people on here will confirm. Problem is the golf

is going to be shedding a lot of its value at the mo. due to new model

and so many mkiv's being on the second hand market.

·
Registered
98 Posts
oh, and to reiterate what has already been said, the CTR is going to be faster in every aspect than a 1.8T

golf, whether 150 or 180bhp version. But that's not what the golf is about. Drive the two back to back and,

from what I've heard, the quality of the golf is streets ahead. Depends what your after in your car.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The CTR is an annimal out of the factory

i could sit side by side all the way with them on a straight road with my GSI but onto a back road and the games a boggie [:D]

onky down side is that they come from the factory tuned very highly so it is hard to get extra from them without going down the turbo/supercharger route

and as said before the golf wins hands down with build quality every time

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Quote: posted by Stewart on 16/02/2005 11:31:42

The brand new Integra is 240bhp as it uses the S2000 ECU (well not exactly but the same mapping) as the engines are identical...

so is it a turbo?

i always thought the s2000 was a turbo

1 - 20 of 51 Posts