Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing the hybrid PD130 video I thought I'd put one up for comparison

Couldnt be bothered to change into 4th on this vid thats why the pull seems to be dieing off at around 95mph... im making the poor thing scream its heart out in 3rd. I also lift off as soon as I get past 100.

My 2nd - 3rd gearchange is a lot quicker when I don't have to hold my camera phone too [:p]

3gp video, I can view it in quicktime / real player.

right click save target as

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you look closely on my video I dont hit the gas until 2 secs in, and i hit 100 at 13 secs in.

long gearchange too [:p]

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
and i started at 27mph and had traction loss with the ecu cutting back due to wet road and not good tyres and 12 secs lol[:p]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
PMSL! And my knob is bigger than both of yours!

I ran both side by side taking in to account the delay on the petrols start and the petrol is slightly quicker. The diesel would have been faster with a quicker change to 3rd gear and the traction control off.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
My car is faster [:p]

Will try to do one of the R1 going from 30-100mph and post it, but it wont be easy so dont hold up much hope!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
PMSL! And my knob is bigger than both of yours!

I ran both side by side taking in to account the delay on the petrols start and the petrol is slightly quicker. The diesel would have been faster with a quicker change to 3rd gear and the traction control off.
i would have been better to change at 50mph into third.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Aye - It seemed to be in 2nd gear for too long. A change at 50mph would have been more productive I think.

You must be really quick with the gears by the way!!!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Aye - It seemed to be in 2nd gear for too long. A change at 50mph would have been more productive I think.

You must be really quick with the gears by the way!!!
yeah who needs DSG [:p]. ive noticed mine has a nice gearchange which helps.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
16" monty 2's right now

going to 18" superleggera hopefully will be lighter than the montys!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i see, that would explane why your speedo moves a fair bit faster than mine even though i have more power. bigger the wheels the more the speedo will under read

1 - 20 of 29 Posts