parking sensors

auto lights and other bits etc...

1 owner

Full Fiat SH

A poor pic of both cars: Pic

Should I do it?

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you been sniffing something ? Maybe you've heard that Fiat's go fast ! but only round the sills.

Seriously though the Stilo is a pretty naff car, okay it's a 2.4 170 bhp but it's got that awful Alfa type 'selespeed' If you really wanted a Stilo a much newer one should be available with the manual (originally only the selespeed was available) for around 10k. Okay so they don't rust anymore, but electrics are still a bit iffy and it will be worth practically nothing in a few years. From what I've read in the mags it is a reasonable steer, although nothing earth shattering.

#9 ·
We're not in danger of losing our objectivity here are we lads? Re-sale value will go to the dogs? Yes, quite likely. Fiats of old rusted like hell and had dodgy electrics? Yes they did in the seventies and eighties, not sure they still do. The Golf holds its value well, doesn't rust (except for the tailgate) but is hardly a paragon of virtue in the electrical department lets face it.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't recommend the swap either, but there could not be some many Fiats still on the road if they all rusted, fell to bits and sparked out within a few months could there?

#19 ·
No[:)]

...and get yourself seen too because the straightjacket is on its way, stop sniffing the glue, put the white powder down[!].....you might as well buy a Kia wotyumucallit[:eek:)]

On a more serious note with the same answer...the car will be of no value when you aim to sell it on, no garage will touch it as a part ex, private buyers er find one, I don't think so. Aside from that what is attracting you to the car, pray tell...educate me [?]

#22 ·
WHATS WRONG WITH YOU ?????????

Don't even think about it.

VWs good reputation and FIATs rubbish reputation have both been honestly earned for their respective reasons.

Have a sandwich and a glass of milk and go to bed.

If you're still thinking about it tomorrow morning - call your doctor.

#24 ·
Quote: posted by chrisstevens on 06/10/2004 17:23:13

WOW everyone is really enjoying laying in to me!

It was a simple thread showing something that could happen but I shown no preference either way and now you all think I'm:

Posted Image

Its gentle banter tinged with helpful but clear advice, don't be offended[;)]

#25 ·
Quote: posted by chrisstevens on 06/10/2004 17:23:13

WOW everyone is really enjoying laying in to me!

It was a simple thread showing something that could happen but I shown no preference either way and now you all think I'm:

Posted Image

I think it is the fact that you showed no preference either way that makes people think you are barking.

woof woof my friend.

And the survey said ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.