Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really boring subject i know - one for the grannies!!!!

I recently got 475 mile out of a tank of Optimax, what have other ppl got? Trying V Power this month to see if that does any better.

My life is soooo fulfilling!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Is your alter ego Miss daisy??[;)]

I have never got above 350 out of any of the 3 mkiv 1.8t's I ve had.

Or was this all motorway at 56mph??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of this is motorway 30 min commute to work, rarely drive over 60mph.............i think i was born to own a diesel!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Are you sure you have not bought a diesel?? [:D] Best a have every seen is 320 miles, usually get about 290. Its not like I've got a lead foot either!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Regularly get about 300 miles on a motorway run from Ipswich to N Wales. Was the 475 miles, downhill from Scotland !!! [;)]

As for rarely going over 60, why not save the money on insurance and buy yourself a Nissan Micra !!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Regularly get about 300 miles on a motorway run from Ipswich to N Wales. Was the 475 miles, downhill from Scotland !!! [;)]

As for rarely going over 60, why not save the money on insurance and buy yourself a Nissan Micra !!!!
Nope, daily on the A55, got a few ups and downs but relatively flat. To be honest, thought about selling my car but love the reliability

·
99 Ronnie
2,793 Posts
I've had about 350 miles from my 180 1.8T before, with motorway driving, but to be honest I was never below 80mph for often so its not an attempt at economy. I've found the 180 with its 6 speed box is on average more economical than the 150, especially on long runs, because the gear ratios mean that in 6th gear the engine is revving lower than a 150 with its 5 speed.

Remembering back to the big fuel strikes from about 4 years ago, I was driving a 150 1.8T down the A46 near leicester at about 50 mph in 5th and I was getting REALLY good economy, but who really wants to drive at that speed?!. I might do a 'patience' test soon as I have a run down to Cardiff and I might try to do it at 55mph, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to stick at it, haha!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suppose you got so much mileage out of your 306 td as you are a member of the AA relay service. But getting back to the question i get on average 300 miles to a tank.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Best - 400
Worst - 210
Weekly average - 260-270

But to be honest, it doesn't really bother me only doing 8-9k a year... if it did i would've bought a tractor and bored everyone with how many mpg i get.

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
I use normal unleaded, and i try to get about 300 miles out of a tank. Normally can do this ok as well, most i have had is about 330, lowest was 260!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Usually around 280-290 'till the petrol light comes on but the most I've had to this point was today at 300!! This is with a remapped car using Optimax and light right foot!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
How big is the petrol tank on a 1.8T? I can get around 350 miles to a tank on my V6 4mo (60 litre tank I think, costs around £60 to fill). This is around 50-50 motorway / town driving.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts