Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aup guys,

when i`ve been driving for a bit then let my foot off, let it dye to about 2000 revs then just prod the accelerator then the car lets out an almighty backfire (sounds kewl). is this just the excess fuel being burnt in the downpipe (not running a cat or centre box?).

i notice burbling now when letting off the revs but i`m just wondering if this bang could be something more serious?

(my mods are as below)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so even with the exhaust straight through and being chipped, shouldn`t i be expecting a little of this? the maf is only about 13k old (if that!!)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats ok then, cause it really does sound awsome, lol.

Graygti, when does yours do it? when you just prod the accelerator??

·
Registered
89 Posts
mine does this also and when i had my decat before my downpipe fitted it used 2 spit quite big flames!!! lol handy in traffic jams when some1 is right up ur rear end!!! ha ha

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Ollie my mates car used to back fire when he took his foot off accelerator to change gear plus he was getting very low mpg.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
my jetex system on the cupra 20vt did it all the time. Nowt to worry about. Thinks its a mixture of air/gasses in the exhaust system. Sounds cool.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
thats ok then, cause it really does sound awsome, lol.
Graygti, when does yours do it? when you just prod the accelerator??
if i rev let off then tap throttle it will pop with small blue flame i know no. also if im cruisin along steady it will pop and grumble and also if i really boot it then do a fast gear change it pops....makes me laff

·
Registered
89 Posts
How do i de cat my 1.8T its agu like yours wot do i do with the lambda sensor. how much does the pipe cost?? and where from ?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
How do i de cat my 1.8T its agu like yours wot do i do with the lambda sensor. how much does the pipe cost?? and where from ?
just fitted my megan de-cat down pipe. ?120 of ebay. pops still but now with flames lol.....it comes with the wholes to put the lambda sensors in....well worth the money..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts