Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've just had my 1.8t AUM remapped to 205 bhp and it feels amazing to drive! I'm very happy with it, although every now and then I'll get a surge of boost as the turbo spools up then higher up in the rev range the power suddenly drops, almost feels like Iv'e taken my foot off the pedal and the turbo goes quiet, then it'll kick back in again.

I was told it's a sticking Actuator. I put a load of WD40 and a bit of grease on the push rod yesterday, and it's only happened once since then. Is there anythign else I can do while it's still attached to the car? Is it possible to replace the actuator from underneath the car with the turbo still in place?

This only happens very occasionally, and it doesnt take long to correct itself, but any help on how to stop it happening completely would be great!

Thanks'

·
Registered
488 Posts
when you say loss of boost is it actually that? Or does it feel like more of a 'flat stop' randomly in the rev range when on hard acceleration? If so it sounds exactly what happened to mine, turned out the spark plugs were caked in crud.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Yes I think it is loss of boost, not a random flat spot. I can definitely hear the turbo spooling, then it goes silent and drives as if its an 1.8 without a turbo. Then after a minute or so I'll get a load of boost again and a definite turbo whistle.

The guy who did the remap mentioned a slightly sticking actuator on the rolling road print out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.