1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

To those of you who have a 1.8T AGU and have fitted a de-cat pipe,

a) Was it easy to fit?

b) I've heard the AGU engine doesn't have a second emmisions sensor after the cat so doesn't turn any warning lights on, is this true?

c) How much extra power does it give, ie noticeable wise. Is it louder? Any other issues?

Responses will be much appreciated.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
a) Was it easy to fit? (no it was a pain as i dont have a pit/ramp and the bolts were seized and snaped a stud so had to get the removed.its a tight squeeze up by the turbo and my neck was killin me after.)better if you had a ramp

b) I've heard the AGU engine doesn't have a second emmisions sensor after the cat so doesn't turn any warning lights on, is this true? (yes. no warning lights)

c) How much extra power does it give, ie noticeable wise. Is it louder? Any other issues?( was noticable lower down and pulls a bit harder.its a fair bit louder outside andyou can here some sort of air flowing sound inside and also pops flames out now. when dropping of or changing up the gears fast.)

any other questions

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok mate thanks, as with regard to it being louder, is it a 'nice' louder, ie subtle roar? and where did u get yours from? im lookin at one for about ?100 from 'jdmhondaparts' on ebay (american company)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
yeh mate thats the one iv got. its not a chavvy stupid loud its a deep sound then when you put your foot down its got some sort of a turbo jet car sound lol cant really say oh and you can here the turbo wistle really loud when you pull off now too. everyone always says how nice it sounds.

where you from mate?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, don't sound too bad then. I'm down in Ashford, Kent. Owned my pride and joy since June, really enjoy driving it! Mines black, too

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
good choice youve made..ill try and get some sort of a sound clip for you if you wanna? its a bit hard on a phone though..

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good choice youve made..ill try and get some sort of a sound clip for you if you wanna? its a bit hard on a phone though..
Well if it's no trouble mate, yeah would be nice to get an idea of what it sounds like. I've found another on there from '2fast2cool2' - these are in the U.K. The pipe is 2.5'' as opposed to the 3'' that you've got. I heard somewhere unless you have a big turbo conversion the the 2.5 is sufficient? Know much about this?!

How long you had yours fitted for then? I was thinkin sports cat but I don't want to pay ?400 for something that a)wont give as much power and b)costs ?300 more!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
mine IS 2.5" mate im getting a turbo upgrade so it will be coming off and they willbe fitting me a custom 3".

one other thing iv noticed i have lost top end a little since ov had all the exhaust system but have been told i would gain this back from a custom remap..

have you got a cat back system already? and ill sort the vid out when i get a spare half hour.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, just standard exhaust at the mo. Was thinking just get the de cat and a Milltek discreet back box rather than the whole cat back system. The pipe on the listing says 3''! Lol never mind. Anyway nice chattin to you, must get some sleep now (this site is so addictive)

Catch up with you soon!

Ryan

·
Registered
868 Posts
iv got a decat as well and it sounds awesome. Nice and deep and nicely loud not overpowering like annoying jap cars lol. Is louder out side the car than inside which is cool too.

I got mine off e-bay, but in error bought a 3 inch version even though I still got the Ko3 but hopefully ill get a bigger turbo!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
iv got a decat as well and it sounds awesome. Nice and deep and nicely loud not overpowering like annoying jap cars lol. Is louder out side the car than inside which is cool too.

I got mine off e-bay, but in error bought a 3 inch version even though I still got the Ko3 but hopefully ill get a bigger turbo!!
Hi mate, which one did u buy?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
i have a friendly motman who has done all my cars for years...

it gets passed and all is good ;) alot of other people change the cat back..

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
did you have it on the rollers before and after? i had mine at161bhp before downpipe/decat so would like to know what its given people after this.

also if i got 161bhp thats at the wheels and vw state 150 at the fly?is this right? so its got about 130ish at the wheels. and that means iv got 30bhp from a cat back system and some sort of a tune this bloke did. this all sound right guys?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You will get a lot of power by binning the OEM restrictive exhaust as turbo's love pushin that exhaust gas out, if its 30bhp! then, winner!

I have an AUM engine so i think im in for engine codes, lights whatever. Might ask JBS and see if they can sort it out to turn it of or somthing. Ive already got CC stage one, but am wanting to go to stage 2.

I was either gonna put the decat on for now until i get a full system with discrete tailpipe or wait and fit the lot.

joN

1 - 20 of 46 Posts