Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mk6 1.6TDI (105) golf with 20k done since last year.What I have noticed now and again when I start the car from cold and if the weather is above 8C is a clicking noise coming from the engine for about 1 minute or so,it then dissapears. I have said it to the dealer but they have not come accross it nor have I been able to replicate the sound as it seems to have no distinct pattern. I just wonder if others have this.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i have a 14tsi and when starting from cold it makes a tapping noise for a few seconds i posted this some time ago but didn't get much help, since been told its the time the oil takes to get to the hydraulic valve's.other golfs i have had didn't have this problem so it must be these new design engines but very annoying

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.I hav`nt had much of a response. I have seen in a Tiguan forum that the 2litre TDI does something similar so must be part of the engine make up. But I agree that it is annoying and the dealer has not been any good when I mentioned it to them all they did was check for any faults through the computer system. .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts