1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
function item() { [native code...em&item=300384703672&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i saw this car and was wondering how much should i offer them

what do you think would be a reasonable price

im getting this as my 3rd car in my 4 months of driving My first was a focus which had problems with the gearbox and then crx which couldnt get insurance for so im looking for a 1.6 golf which should last me a few good years if you have any for sale

thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there all sound and removeable mods and the parking sensors should make it cheaper lol and the air filter can be put back no normal within minuites

i also wont have to pay anthing extra from my focus although if i did buy this before my focus and insured it then it would of cost an extra 400

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Personally i wouldn't pay over £2k (in fact thinking about it i would pay anything for it)

46K in 10 years? [:cool:] no thanks, i'll give it a miss if you don't mind - not to mention he's had a damn good go at ruining it IMO.

Ian is right about insuring it - get a quote first!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
would it not be easier to get a standard 1.6 golf saves messing about putting things back to standard?

seems a bit expensive to me that car ill have a look on autotrader see what prices are like

Ian

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if i get the one on auto trader i will have to get alloys and a system for it although it does look much better looked after. but the one on ebay already has a nice set of alloys and the rear camara will come in very handy but he has overdone it with the speakers but im thinking i could sell all them on for a few hundread so if i get the car for around 2200 it should be fine. i will take my uncle who is a mechanic to have a look at it. Its only down the road from where i live so there wont be much harm in looking at it.

thanks

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
if i get the one on auto trader i will have to get alloys and a system for it although it does look much better looked after. but the one on ebay already has a nice set of alloys and the rear camara will come in very handy but he has overdone it with the speakers but im thinking i could sell all them on for a few hundread so if i get the car for around 2200 it should be fine. i will take my uncle who is a mechanic to have a look at it. Its only down the road from where i live so there wont be much harm in looking at it.

thanks
i'd personaly get that one on autotrader as you said that you'd keep it or it'd last you a while, an that one prob woiuld last longer i'd think, true but you can buy a stereo an sub if you wanted for a couple hundered and alloys and still be cheaper than the ebay one!

by all means have a look i'd take those seat covers off and check seats though as they could be hiding something??

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
[+o(] Halfords seat covers and ICE, Looks really shabby inside for a car of it's miles £1500 tops.

That said if you like it then it might be worth more to you. Get a decent bora instead.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
What a vile car, I would say the modifications make it worth less than the value of a standard 1.6 The asking price of £3500 is a joke. That car belongs on barryboys.co.uk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i looked but that is too far away as im in birmingham. and all the wreg golfs are going for between 2300-2800 on ebay and autotrader and the dvdplayer in that is worth 300 and the rs8 alloys will cost around 300 aswell so thats £600s worth of extras for free and i hate seat covers because they look tacky so will be taking them to look at the seats. so if i can get it for around 2300 i will be happy with the car. but if i cant then i will have to look elsewhere.

Thanks you lot are very friendly and helpful

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
DVD player and A8 alloys add the grand total of £0 to the value of the car, if anything they devalue it by narrowing the target market down to young lads.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
no worries but if you want it, then i wouldn't pay more than 2200-2300 regardless of millage, and 'extra's'

keep us updated

Ian

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
DVD player and A8 alloys add the grand total of £0 to the value of the car, if anything they devalue it by narrowing the target market down to young lads.
Exactly. Its a shame a lot of MK4s are ending up this way, the number of genuine clean ones on the market against the 'modded' ones is falling every day.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Exactly. Its a shame a lot of MK4s are ending up this way, the number of genuine clean ones on the market against the 'modded' ones is falling every day.
Happens with all popular car when they get cheap enough though. [:(]

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. [:O]

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
So thats why my insurance is going up, when i first got it, it was quite cheap now it either stays the same or goes up!

there are alot of young lads in the local town driving golfs now, most look like they've magnatised there car and driven through the local halfrauds!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts