Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was brainstorming ideas earlier about my next car, and im begining to make my car feel as exactly as i want it. So why change?

I remember reading somewhere on here that someone had turbo'd there 1.4 engine and i was thinking whats the work involved in doing it?

What would i need, and what would the rough cost be?

Something for this summers thought [whistle]

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Exactly my point bud, have a read thru my thread and pm me on what you wana do and ill give you all the info ull need, if ur at Ultimate Dubs come have a look at mine [Y]

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly my point bud, have a read thru my thread and pm me on what you wana do and ill give you all the info ull need, if your or you're at Ultimate Dubs come have a look at mine
Where does the turbo conversion start, dont wanna scim read 34 pages!

Also pm the the details, very very interesed!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Yep, it will cost a small fortune for a relatively small bhp output.

You would need to look at lower compression so maybe a spacer plate for low boost or a new/worked pistons, preferably better rods, bigger injectors, new ECU, new loom, custom exhaust manifold, Intercooler and all pipework, custom downpipe and gearbox would be a worry too on a 1.4.

I am all up for doing something different but you could build a really good spec 1.8t for the cost of the above work or you could go 2.8 v6 and a V5 gear box and a new exhaust intake and map and have about 220 bhp and an awesome soundtrack

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Exactly my point bud, have a read thru my thread and pm me on what you wana do and ill give you all the info ull need, if your or you're at Ultimate Dubs come have a look at mine
Where does the turbo conversion start, dont wanna scim read 34 pages!

Also pm the the details, very very interesed!
starts around p30ish i think, its not as smaller output as ppl like to think, to what i thorght i was gunna get and what im told i might reach, i was well out

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Although you could do this, why would you want to? I agree it will be different but surely the cost to do it properly will be massive!

You will have to uprate all the internals, gearbox, intercooler, brakes, get the turbo etc etc...

The gains you get will be very little compared to the large amount of money needed to get it all done. Surely it would be better just to get a 1.8t[:cool:]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts