Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppl, i was just wondering if it's possible to get a 1.4 S Mk4 Golf for around ?3750? Im looking for one in black or silver in 3dr and its been quite hard finding one and haven't had much luck at the car auction either :s   

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, i've tried there but there's always something wrong lol :s im way too choosy.

plus the best ones are like 150-300 miles away from me lol

·
Registered
389 Posts
Three of my mates at work were converted to golf and got their cars for under ?4000. A indigo blue mk4 1.6 with alloys was ?3600 avg miles and 5 dr. The second a mk4, black 1.6s in black, 3dr, avg miles and really nice condition for ?3300. Finally a jazz blue mk4, 5dr mint condition and all the work done for ?3300 also. They are out there but the 1.6 is a far better buy because of the weight of the mk4 plus the colours you are looking for are the popular ones so prices are higher and sell quicker also at that sort of price you cant be overly picky on mileage and condition.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so your mate has got a 1.6 mk4 in a 3dr and in black? ask him if he wants to sell lol, ive been looking around for a while around notts with nothing rlly      

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think if you decided on a engine den go for it and with low amount of sellers around your area...its just playing the waiting game and you might not always find the one which matchs 100% to your specifications.

There is quite a few advantages with the 1.4 over the 1.6...Been under 20 years of age ourselfs...things like a lower tax duty, more miles per gallon (Combined: 42mpg to 35mpg on 1.6), lower group insurance do work a treat. But like some people said, although the differences are there, it's not a suprising amount. And like vwbassett said...you arent going to do much overtaking with the 1.4 (might be good for no claims) but there wont be many chance to wave goodbye to people. So with a bit more budget and patience, you might find a better 1.6 than you originally planed 1.4.

Cheers
Gavin

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think he might be sellin it shortly hes in New Malden but will want bit more than he paid for it probably because he can get more for it as its popular and had service stuff done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey ive just got a 99 black 1.4s 3dr, had to travel to glasgow for it, but was worth it! not many of them around. i paid 3250 for it, needed couple of minor things for it but in total its cost me 3500 thats including travel expenses to scotland from newcastle lol ... its got the black interior that i wanted. and 66k on clock, service history too.mot til dec and taxed for 5 months, youve just gotter look around and they will pop up!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think ive found one for ?3299 in briston, gna hav to travel like 120 miles but ill see what it's saying, if its all gd then i might have to get it

T plate, 76k, black, 3dr 1.4s. No service history though :S gna hav to sort that out

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
im in notts and have seen two or three golfs for sale one was a 1.6 n the other two gti's, i have noticed many people around here sell them using the trusty for sale in the passenger windows, keep your eyes pealed geeza

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
nah afraid not mate, i go to their mfn meet somtimes tho, ill keep my eyes pealed in mansfield area for bargins for ya buddy,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts