Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Chaps and Chapesses - Looks like we have a few cars from all over going to Crail on Sunday 18th June.

Please add your name to the list if you would like to come for the meet and/or to go for a few blasts down the strip [:D]

So far we have 13 likely attendees [y];

boney752

GaryM

thechief

AberdeenGTI

djhorace

STU GOLF

Woodworm

AberdeenTDI

20valve

B44FY

ickle

C17LJR

VWLav

Steveoraith

PhatPhil

and several possibilities;

Laura

Dubzter

MKIV Turbo

Woodworm

AberdeenTDI

·
Registered
874 Posts
I may be up for one in the near future but can't commit to any dates at the moment.[:(]

I won't be taking you on though, even if it is an old mans car![:D]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be a heck of a run for you Gary, but it can get quite busy. In my opinion, it is better going on a non magazine day where track time is maximised. Having said that it would be great to see you and compare Custom Code vs Star and take advantage of your logging skills [:D][y]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I always prefer driving North than South so just let me you when you come up with a date and I'll see how im fixed.
I'd also like to bet theres nothing in the maps, it will just come down to driver skill and in that case I'll probably leave a little upset!!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And a fancy diff, FMIC, 100kg less etc etc etc [:p]. Doubt my car will be as fast, but I was meaning code checks on vagcom etc.

Will text some of the lads. Bruce (thechief) is not keen but Cameron (MKIVTurbo) is up for it as is Keith (B44FY). And of course Steve above [y]

Perhaps we should throw potential dates in to the hat too. Look here for dates. Never been to one of the late ones (Saturday Night) but to avoid Max Power and Redline, the Saturday 27th May (4pm to late/dark) or Sunday 18th June would be the best 2 in the near future I think.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
27th may is a defo no for me, it's the old mans 60th birthday, don't think i should miss that or there would be hell to pay.

June is a possible

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
June would probably be better as it is a Sunday anyway. Not sure how good drag racing in the dark at Crail would be given the state of the road off the drag strip.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yep i would be up for this, not the 1st weekend in june, as i am away, got a wedding also not sure if its june17th or july, remember BSB is on at knockhill to for those who like 2 wheels also, or is that july ??.

is crail every sunday?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not every Sunday mate. The locals p!$s and moan about it so they are only allowed so many events a year. Their website lists all the dates at www.crailraceway.co.uk

Nobody else interested? Woodworm, Kirade, 20valve, AberdeenGTi, GTi Turbo 180 etc etc etc?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Will text Cameron and Keith and contact Alan (dubzter) to see if the 17th is OK. Hopefully they will all manage plus Steve (above) and a fair few more [y]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK Chaps - Anyone at all up for this? Crail in Fife, 18th June for a meet and for those with an itchy trigger foot, a few runs down the track?!

1 - 20 of 225 Posts