Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 times this week, by 4 different Golfs try and race me, dangerously too.

A golf with black rubbing bump strips and 18 inch RS4 or A8 wheels does not make u fast, nor does it give u an excuse to drive like a lunatic!

Any pratt can weave in and out of 3 lanes of traffic, it really isn't safe to do so

Grow up, realise the road conditions, and wake up before you have a serious accident. Big wheels do not make u invincible!

Oh if we ever meet on a fast Country B-road, prepare to be slaughtered

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I know what you mean, what's the point. It's not like I'm in an absolute mean machine like yours, but i can pull away quite quickly and confidently from a 1.6, and out manoevre them as I have coilovers, they just play silly-buggers.

2 nights ago I was going quite quick down a dual carriageway (just had the car remapped and was having a 'play') and I noticed I'd gone past a Golf, you nothice other Golfs because it's the same basic model as your own. It had 1.6 on the back and I saw a few heads in there as I went past. A few minutes later, right up close behind me, then he goes in the outside lane at a set of lights. We both stop. Lights go green, I leave him in a cloud of soot. My head gets big, end of story. not quite. Next set of lights, I stop as they're red, he just goes ploughing through them - I couldn't believe it, just to get ahead of me. Really stupid behaviour. Granted, the roads were very quiet, but about 10sec later, a lorry comes out of the junction - he was 10 seconds away from a pretty serious accident, all just to show off to his mates.

To make it worse, I then shot up and overtook him (no silly stuff) and that was it, but I really shouldn't have.

Next time I see him, I'll just ask if we should get rulers out to compare - it's much easier!!

·
Registered
857 Posts

A golf with black rubbing bump strips and 18 inch RS4 or A8 wheels does not make u fast, nor does it give u an excuse to drive like a lunatic!

Any pratt can weave in and out of 3 lanes of traffic, it really isn't safe to do so

Grow up, realise the road conditions, and wake up before you have a serious accident. Big wheels do not make u invincible!

why aim your comments at 1.4 and 1.6 people? people in faster cars can drive like arses too, a quick car doesnt make you quick, the golfs probably my slowest car iv had and the most sensible iv drove.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Oy! Nothing wrong with a 1.6... as long as it's got a supercharger strapped onto it ;)

Know what you mean though. Some idiot gets themselves a proper sheep in wolf's clothing (nice quote from chavscum.co.uk :) and thinks they're Damon Hill. I can't stand that kind of driving anywhere near my car, as I don't want someone hitting it. What gets me is, they stick an expensive set of alloys on a car and appear to want to wreck them! Why??!

Yep, a country road vs one of these types is always utterly hillarious! Let them keep close, let them think they have a chance.. and keep doing that for a while. Then just randomly nail the accelerator out of a corner.. marvelous! :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
why aim your comments at 1.4 and 1.6 people? people in faster cars can drive like arses too, a quick car doesnt make you quick, the golfs probably my slowest car iv had and the most sensible iv drove.
True, every type of car will have some arses driving them. But what he means is.. basically one step up from the baseball cap Nova brigade sticking a set of big wheels on a normal car and imagining they're driving a subaru. Boy racers.. as he says in the title :)

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

My rant was about these mindless dikheads hooning around in tightly packed traffic (2 or 3 lanes) thinking playing some sort of PS2 game. Unlike PS2, when u crash, u can't reset and play again.

18inch wheels don't make ur car invisible - It might make it better on Need for Speed underground 2, but not on the real roads

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
LOL, I was asking myself just a few hours ago whether I am a 1.6 boy racer [:D] I do drive much faster than your average 1.6 driver but I don't go looking for races or do the weaving in and out of traffic thing. Just occasionally play within my limits.

·
Registered
857 Posts
know what you mean, and i dont disagree with you, but people with all cars at all ages do it, iv been in a highly modded scooby racing an evo down a hard shoulder, both drivers were well past "these 17 year olds in 1.4's age" but were doing the same thing if not worse, not that im not guilty of it myself.

iv seen some mental crashes all down to racing and had far too many close calls myself which is why i brought a 1.4 and not something quicker, had no choice but to grow up and slow down before i killed myself, and reading your other posts bud your guilty of the same, racing at 110...... weve all been there i think.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
know what you mean, and i dont disagree with you, but people with all cars at all ages do it, iv been in a highly modded scooby racing an evo down a hard shoulder, both drivers were well past "these 17 year olds in 1.4's age" but were doing the same thing if not worse, not that im not guilty of it myself.

iv seen some mental crashes all down to racing and had far too many close calls myself which is why i brought a 1.4 and not something quicker, had no choice but to grow up and slow down before i killed myself, and reading your other posts bud your guilty of the same, racing at 110...... weve all been there i think.
Oh I'm definatly guilty of racing around when I was younger, stupidly too. It wasn't until I reached and breached both the car's and my own limits did I realise that I had to wise up.

These guys hooning around taunting other drivers, weaving in and out of traffic.. that just takes it onto another level. The're not only gonna kill themselves, but their passengers and any other unlucky car they hit too.

Maybe it's coincidence, but 4 Golfs this week, all oversized wheels doing the same thing. Or maybe it's just the way things are heading.

·
Registered
857 Posts
know what you mean with the all the Golfs, im seeing far too many now with too many nasty mods, hope it aint going to be the next corsa.........

thing is, its not till you wise up that you start to chill out on public roads, i never risk it these days, i know its not worth it, hence buying the 1.4

[:)]

·
Registered
569 Posts
Doesn't take a good driver to beat any car , just a lunatic ... as i noticed a LOT when i had my EVO ( FAST [:D] )

But when you have a car like this it just attracts them !!! [*-)] Go Away And Play Somewere Else !

These nutters are just idiots , an accident waiting to happen , just let them go on there merry way and one day you

will see the result of this around the next bend [:(] not good !

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
iv been in a highly modded scooby racing an evo down a hard shoulder
What the HELL?
not me driving...... suprised youve never seen people race down hardshoulders, iv seen lots of cars doing it, in all conditions....
Thats nuts man, the amount of crap and stuff on the hardshoulder. I have visions of getting blow outs and stuff.

The only time I've seen the hard shoulder used (other than for a breakdown), is when you've got some gritter in the middle lane of the motorway, doing 40mph. Rather than getting stone chipped to hell, people use the hardshoulder to undertake!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i find this nearly every day, (mansfields chav central lol) from both young (mostly chavs) and old drivers, just because i have a done up golf they think i want to race them etc bloody idiots! oftern its from a 1.4 packed full on 17year olds on crappy halfords alloys, and they get so far up my arse end then try n take me even tho im not even goin fast infact i oftern do 30 even in a 40 when im not rushed, but they still wantto race, tits!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
It does seem to make them believe the car is faster with some 18" A8 replicas on doesnt it ??

For me the worst are the company car drivers in their 1.9MK5 TDI's, Focus/Mondeo TDCI & Lagunas.

Why does every MK5 TDI driver want to race an old 03reg mk4, is it to show their newer car is faster ????

Shame they find out that older is better, or should that be remapped is better [:D]

What also amazes me is the speed people drive in built up areas in theri "Maxed" cars, WHY WHY WHY ???

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
When you are young you think it is big and clever to drive fast in built up areas, to squeel tyres off of every junction so everyone hears their induction kit, to race cars you know are faster to try and prove some point. Even better if you had your mates witness you beating that R32, even though the R32 driver was secretly laughing at you for being such a dick, if you have witnesses to back up your claim then you will be the King of the pub stats and respected for it. Then they wonder why they are pulled by the police all the time and claim harassment, even though they cant actually be prosecuted for that shocking crime they call their go faster sunstrip.

As said, there is bad driving everywhere, be it drivers of Jap cars, company car drivers, BMW drivers, van drivers etc. Plenty of stereotypes. Its just a fact of life that we share our roads with ignorant morons. Nothing you can do about it. Thats down to the police or cameras to catch them. In this day, you daren't even give the wayne kerr sign, for fear of some chump pulling a blade or weapon on you.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I remember when I had my 1.4 - drove it like a kn_b! Raced all sorts (whether they were actually racing or not tho lol). I bought a quick car - calmed down! had a 1.2 courtesy car for 2 months - drove like a boy-racer again.

When you get a quick car, you don't need to drive like a c_ck to make progress! People never race me anymore (at least I don't think they do lol); when it does happen, it's ussually in a straight line, 2 lanes and no other cars - racing lines belong on the track in my opinion!

When you get more mature - you realise that you can demonstrate superiority in safer ways. Like not racing at all. (BORING ALERT)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts