Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a 150tdi 45 days ago and its been in the dealers ever since having some paintwork rectified, i had enough and asked them to change it, at this point the dealer offered me a silver 3 door with recaros and only 15 miles on it registered last month!

How much do you reckon its worth ? I am very tempted, but they wont transfer my gap cover over, even though ive only actually driven the car for 10 days in all! I am trying to work out a deal but they wont come down on price!

I just want to know what price this golf should be!

cheers

·
Registered
512 Posts
It has to be worth list price surely with only 15 miles? Or maybe a few hundred less.

You can cancel GAP and renew it easy enough. Dont forget you are well within your rights to tell them to get lost and walk away from the deal, they must sell you goods free from defect, which they have not - they then must repair any problems within a reasonable time - they have not.

Silver one sounds nice though! The only reason they are saying they cant renew GAP is because GAP insurance is 100% profit on 95% of sales, its the biggest earner for a finance company by a mile, getting you to re-pay it is sheer cheek.

I work for a big car finance house, and I know all about this. GAP can be transferred, if they wont do it they are being a bit naughty IMHO.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i actually went to trading standards about this and they said if the dealer was rectifing the chips, scratches, they had caused, there was nothing i could do about it! They quoted me a court case of someone who bought a brand new car that had scratches and chips and the court said as long as the dealer rectified it he wasnt entitled to a refund! I was shocked but decided to let them sort it. They lent me a silver 3 door and it was then that i realised thats what i wanted. I phoned them up and they told me about this silver beauty! What is the list price btw? I cant find it, Its got the full winter pack as well.

so the gap can be transfered???

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yes they are allowed to repair it - but within a "reasonable" time, but you can cross that bridge when you come to it - if you do.

GAP is transferrable - no doubt about it, we do it on occasion but we, as they are doing, will tell the customer it cant be thus they pay again thus us earning more money. The agreement is the same, just the car has changed - so GAP and PPP can be taken with it, they may not do it but it can be done.

List price - it will be on the webiste? Parkers.co.uk?

If you cant find it let me know and I will look it up here for you.

·
Registered
186 Posts
think tom's priced the wrong model there - when I got my 130 GTTDI 2 yrs ago, the uk list was ?16675 and I think the 150 was about ?1000 more - add in the wheels, recaros and winter pack I can see where they're getting ?19000 from but it is steep- you must be able to get em down on that given the inconvenience you've had etc.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Quote: posted by Rivage on 11/06/2004 10:50:24

Pulman VW in Durham have a load of unregistered mk4 TDI 150s.

Yup, and they are all nice and shiny and just sat there, saw them yesterday when I picked some bits up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pullman have got some 5 door standard (no options) for ?16-?17k and they would not give me any indication of what theyd give me part ex for mine 52 indigo blue (paintwork mint!) 5 door leather armrest, climate, cruise, winter pack with 32k on it. I am falling in love with this 19k motor but ive been told by the insurance co ive got to get a tracker on it and thats ?400 extra, it also has no cruise control ?280 extra so thats ?19780 for a tdi.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Shop around a bit more mate, especially with insurance... that's the first I've heard of an insurance company wanting a tracker on a TDI!

I think most dealers will want to see your car first in order to give you a p/x price too...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
picking up this car on monday, swapped it for the blue tdi i bought 2 months ago and have only driven for 12 days!

They reckon they are doing me the deal of the century but im not so sure!

It is beautiful and the recaros are lovely "perfect for the larger genteman" as the dealer kept saying to me!

They said i wont get the log book for 3 months as they are not strictly allowed to sell a 15mile used car so soon??? wtf are they on about? They are transfering the gap insurance, giving me a full tank of deisel, knocked me ?50 off (?18950) and giving me my old tax disk back to get the money back from dvla. They are also swapping the 6 disk front changer from my old tdi for the single that is in the new car. What warranty should i be getting with it?

Do these cars drink oil new, as the 10k hire car they gave me wanted half a litre of oil while ive had it!

also is there a running in period?

cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts