Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old mans got £16k to spend on a car? what would you go for?

a brand new Civic Type R? (my suggestion)

He has reached the mid life crisis stage and is desperatley trying to revisit his youth!

so what would you but with £16 k.. bearing in mind he wants a little speed and something that turns a few heads

·
Registered
593 Posts
If you do stretch to £17k then consider my Anniversary PD. Quite rapid and certainally turns more heads than a CTR would!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
You could do what my dad did, buy a left hooker 225 TT already MTM chipped with 20k on the clock for only £12K !!! Then get the exhaust system fitted, forge DV, brembo's, alloys, K&N panel filter, slammed on Koni & H&R sus, full tints. Looks the muts and makes a sick trackday car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im sorry sir bates but im going to have to disagree with you there..

when I see a Type R i always have a quick look..

fair enough its not like wow but they ro turn some heads..

i like the mini cooper idea russell!

they all looked liked lots of fun!

·
Registered
229 Posts
He could a T / V plate Lotus Elise 111 S for that sort of money. Good looks, 143bhp in a car that weighs less than a *** paper !

·
Registered
512 Posts
I dont think any of the above suggestions are to relevant, this is a Dad in mid life crisis - there is only one car to get - a TVR. Hot hatches are for 20-30 (generally)

Once he has smiled through the summer he will sell it when it starts to break down - thus mid life crisis over with.

I was chatting to a guy at TVR in Farnham, he said its hilarious how many middle aged blokes just come in and buy one straight away without a testdrive, its like they have to spend the money there and then or they will walk away without the car. God I dont want to get old.

16k will see a very clean Chimera or a not so nice Cerbera, plenty of TVRs out there for that price!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've had a CTR and they don't turn heads - most women I know would not look at one and if he is going through a mid life crisis I assume he is trying to get the laydeez attention?. Go for an S2000 it will turn more heads, its faster and will hold its money.

·
Registered
798 Posts
16k will see a very clean Chimera or a not so nice Cerbera

But won't he need another 16k for the repair bills and hire cars when it's in the Garage ?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
He could get an early Boxster for 16-17k! Ultimate mid life crisis mobile, but excellent to drive, and amazing residuals, he could run it for 5 years and it'll still be worth 12k!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hes gone through with it!

He opted for the type R..

Hes got an ex demonstrator with Air Con for ?16k

The new type R with air con retails at ?17,300 so hes saved ?1300 and had his car broken in?

Oh well when his mid life crisis is over i can always try and swap my 1.4 for it?!

Must admit im very impressed with the quality of it though!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts